027

***   Ahri POV   ***

She has been inside the building for a long time, she insisted that all of us stay inside and never leave... I don't know where (Y/N) found this woman or if they are just colleagues but she is very different personality-wise.

I actually don't mind her at all, it is interesting to meet characters like her.

Bernard sinks deeper into the couch. "What's the point of this?"

"To keep us safe." I try to smile at him.

"And just waste away in here? Not being able to do anything with our lives while we sit scared-"

I stop him, "Baby this is for our safety. I'd rather sit somewhere and try to keep busy than go outside scared that something might happen to anyone here... okay?"

Liz, the bodyguard, then points at him. "You."

"What?" He glares at her, I grab his hand to stop him from provoking him.

"You don't look scared at all." Liz narrows her eyes at him. Everyone's gaze is either locked onto her or him. "It makes me wonder but it might be because you don't understand how dangerous it is."

"Enlighten us then." Bernard challenges her.

She glances around the room. "Six places I could break into without making a sound just from a quick glance, a lot of bedrooms making it even harder to track me."

Elmar snorts. "Sounds less scary and sexier," he nudges Seraphine who only shakes her head at him with a giggle.

Liz narrows her eyes. "You don't have to take me seriously." She lifts her shoulders, "But looking at you boys I can tell that you aren't nearly as worried-"

"We are worried about them, more about them than us." Tony instantly answers.

She scoffs. "Alright. I like that, someone, that would die for me."

Bernard then asks, "Not used to that?"

Hector instantly speaks up. "Stop harassing the only protection we have with us."

"And this one is incredibly smart." She doesn't look at Hector. "Maybe the only one here with half a brain cell-"

Jerico lifts himself and Kai'Sa instantly lifts herself to stop him. "Please don't do this."

"You got a mouth on you." Jerico glares at her. "If all you are good for is talk then you should probably stick to that rather than your bravado."

She glances at him with a smirk. "I can skin nine different ways with everything in this room."

I stop her. "Stop provoking them."

"Just some good fun." She crosses her legs as she rests backwards in her seat. "Besides I don't really care about anyone here other than Kai'Sa."

Akali sighs. "This woman is just..."

Kai'Sa smiles at her. "I am flattered, really, but would you please stop provoking everyone?"

"I'll do it for a kiss~"

Jerico instantly tries to close the distance, Kai'Sa manages to stop him with Liz watching him with a smirk. She chuckles before untangling her legs from underneath her and then heads straight for the hallways.

"I like you guys, so easy to piss off."

"She needs to leave." Bernard expresses.

Evelynn who has been watching this silently finally speaks up. "This is the protection I got for us, he is unable to keep us safe so he got someone he trusts to keep us safe for the night. Don't fuck with her, because then you are just fucking with me."

Hector touches her shoulder. "It's just frustrating."

"What's frustrating is that we are trying to actively be safe until we can go on with our days as normal and you are actively making it harder for someone to do that."

Bernard sighs. "Sorry, Eve."

I smile at him, then state with a smile, "It will be over before we know it."

***   Normal POV   ***

I crack my neck. Nine more bodies were added to the mass grave that is this place. I push through the final door to see someone hunched over a table with a lab coat. He clears his throat before addressing me without looking.

"Pathos will have to wait. We just need to test the last batch and then I will go see him personally about it."

I walk up behind him. "That is good news."

I can see his shoulders shudder. "It is." He reaches for a syringe and instantly turns to stab me with it.

I grab him by the arm and twist it out of his hands. "Ah ah ah fuck please-" I push him back into the table as everything shakes on it. "I guess we got founded."

I cock my head. "Doctor...?"

He straightens his coat. "I assume you are a new bidder for the Love Potion? I think you'd have me killed by now if you wanted me dead."

I step forward grabbing him by the collar I through him away from the table towards the middle of the room. He stumbles to his knees trying to get up as I kick his leg underneath him and wrap my arm around his throat.

"Pathos. Where is he?"

He snorts. "Fuck you."

I take a deep breath before pushing him forward and slamming his nose into the ground. Then resting my foot on the back of his head to keep his nose into the slimy and grime-filled floor I ask him again.

"Pathos. Does his life rank higher than yours?"

"You are going to kill me anyway." He groans.

I pull my foot away and slam my heel into his fingers feelings something crack underneath my weight, he pulls it out from underneath my foot and rolls around the floor gripping his fingers as he screams.

I glance around, then look at the box of syringes he was preparing and take one of them. I lift him to his feet and slam it into his arm without injecting anything into him.

"Wait-"

"I wonder what would be better. Mindless husk, dead, or just imprisoned."

"Pathos has a hideout on the other side of town." He chuckles nervously. "I can give you the address but you need to promise to keep me alive."

I nod slowly. "Promise? Only if you do."

"I do."

"Good." I pull out the syringe and then hit him in the face and as he stumbles around I grab him around the throat cutting off his blood flow to knock him out.

I let him fall face-first into the floor and instantly send a message for Shin to meet me because she has a date with someone that I wouldn't be able to get to talk to in a room like this. I'd kill him before he'd be able to tell me anything of value.

Besides. Shin is a worse fate than death. He will talk... eventually. 

I wait for her to arrive so that I can give her the body before calling the cops to raid this place and save all of the men and women trapped in cells. Hopefully, they can be helped out of their delirious states.

The state of those rooms... stained mattresses with blood and what looks like shit. These people are being treated like pigs.

They probably wanted to buy this, I have a feeling that there are more labs like this because keeping it in one place would be a bad business practice. So there are more of these Love Potions and if these guys are connected to those five then it means they must have access to this potion.

Will they use it on Akali if she refuses to accept Tony? I can't discount the possibility.