019

My personal phone rings in my pocket. I pull it out looking at the number... I narrow my eyes wondering if this is the time and the place to answer her calls. Though if she is calling me that must mean hell must've brought my dad out and I have to make sure he rests easy.

I answer the call. "Mom."

"(Y/N)," she breathes a heavy sigh before quickly asking me, practically begging, "Tracey isn't answering her calls and I need you to go and find her. She said she wasn't sticking around and was coming back home and it's been four hours."

"You sure she didn't just forget her phone?"

"Her phone is with her, I saw her leave with it and she isn't answering it at all."

I twist my lips to the side. "College kids having their fun, I'll check it out for you." I cut the call before she could say anything afterwards.

I feel a bit bad about it but I don't want to hear her sound so frantic because when it comes to family I always get flustered. Honestly? I miss my mother and wished that this world I live in didn't lead to her shutting me out of her world.

I step out of the building. Someone stopping me. "Where are you going?"

I look up at the two people in front of me. "I traced one of the men that were going after us, placed a tracker and am going to go after them right now."

Seraphine looks at Elmar who then recoils at my words. "What about us?"

"I have asked someone to keep watch over you while I make sure the people after you are being taken care of." I walk past them, he tries to stop me but I walk over him headed straight for the car issued to me for this job.

I hear Seraphine say. "He is a bit scary if he goes like that."

"He's an ass."

"Baby he is doing this for us."

"Yeah...."

I shake my head at the situation. If I am gone for too long they could put them in a situation which could lead them to not trust me... that's why I said I am attacking their people so that they can stay and wait in anticipation for what could happen next.

Their trump card is that they are the ones in control of this criminal group.

Mine is that I deducted that much pretty much instantly.

***   ***   ***

I park in front of a house that is lively. A campus house, it is lit up with music echoing through the street and with a lot of kids wasting away. One more drink, one more night, one more regret just to finally say goodbye.

A little rhyme from Shin. The only other agent that doesn't actively avoid working with me.

I walk up to the open door, stepping inside the house with ease. They don't even try to stop me. It looks more like a share-house than a campus house with all of this space. I walk past some of them.

One guy trips towards me and I grab him by the wrist pushing his drink back into his face and over the couch to keep it from spilling on my clothes. I don't stop only for someone to grab me by the collar trying to lift me up.

"Fuck you doing that for to my bro?" I grab him by his hand twisting his wrist. "Agh fuck fuck fuck-"

I glance around with a narrow stare. I push him back onto his ass and walk towards the kitchen which isn't lit like a fucking strip club, only to see two girls and a guy that looks pretty sober... I hope.

"Hey handsome," one of the girls leans forward into the counter. "Didn't see someone like you at the party."

The guy snorts. "He isn't from the campus, probably one of these old idiots that wanted to party like they are young again."

"Tracey (L/N)."

The other girl narrows her eyes. "Is that your name?"

I hold my stare only for the other girl, who has taken an interest in me, to answer, "Not here. She left with a group down the street. Come on, I'll show you, it isn't far."

She walks past me gesturing with her finger for me to follow her. Could have been worse. She is dressed rather modestly in a plain dress with boots. She doesn't look grime and doesn't stink of smoke and alcohol.

As we walk out the guy that I pushed aside flares his nostrils walking towards me with cuffed fists. "Listen here you sad fu-"

I slam my palm under his jaw. Biting down on his own tongue I then slam my elbow at the back of his head and walk out behind this girl who only chuckles.

"A girl would feel safe around you." I don't respond as the two of us walk towards this place she is supposedly leading me to. "Don't talk a lot? Who is Tracey to you anyway?"

"Brother." Why is she only now making that connection?

"You looked like a parent or something." She cocks her head to the side holding her smile. "You don't look much older than her either. How old are you?"

I don't answer.

"Okay," she blows out air, "so definitely not the social butterfly of the family. Tracey must have inherited all of it."

She just keeps talking.

Then clearing her throat. "I only just came back from here after hanging out with the group, didn't like the vibes and nobody wanted to come with me so I just left. Nothing I can really do."

"Saying that because you know what happens to people that get into this group?"

She lifts her shoulders. "I am just a freshman."

Like my sister. Hmm. Maybe she is just doing this out of good faith, or maybe Tracey has decided to be a bit rebellious and decided to do what she wanted to do but whatever the case is I am going to have to learn the hard way what is going on.

I then ask her. "This group."

"Full of seniors. They pick up the cute girls and guys and let them hang out with them. Fuck knows what they do to them because the moment it started getting weird I got out of there... I tried to get others with me but ended up calling me a bitch so I just left not giving two fucks what happens to any of them."

I don't give input. I would have dragged whoever I wanted to get out of there with me. But that is just me.

I only look out for myself, and my family. Unfortunately, sometimes I have to myself ahead of them. Because if I don't they are in danger.