Hyunsung

⌦ 𝐻𝑦𝑢𝑛𝑠𝑢𝑛𝑔
⌦ 𝑛𝑜 𝑚𝑎𝑗𝑜𝑟 𝑡𝑤𝑠
⌦ 𝑤𝑜𝑟𝑑𝑠: 454

***

"Sung!" the slightly older shouts and speed walks after the other, catching him easily and in no time, thanks to his long legs.

"Not now, Jinnie" the other murmurs though and keeps walking across the school yard and down to the street. Hyunjin stands there, shocked and a bit hurt. Jisung's always been eager to meet Hyunjin after school. They have a habit of hanging out together, like studying, talking about anything and everything and laughing their asses off. Every friday. What has happened now?

"Sung? Wait!" he runs after Jisung again, catching him again and moving in front of him, blocking the others way. "Is everything okay?" he asks worried and frowns. The other seems distressed and anxious. Hyunjin isn't going to sit back and watch Jisung withdraw. Not again. He's looked through his fingers way too many times. Hyunjin isn't going to make that mistake again.

"Just... let me go, Hyunjin, I'm not in the mood for this, I want to be alone" Jiaung explains with an annoyed voice but the slight shakiness of it explains enough. Hyunjin's frown deepens. "Please" Jisung says, voice much more quieter now, almost a whisper. He lowers his head as his eyes fill with tears. He blinks them away, not bearing breaking down in front of the other right now.

"Jisung..." Hyunjin goes to place his hand carefully on the other's shoulder but Jisung flinches and it makes Hyunjin even more worried. Something's not right. Everything's not okay. He doesn't have choices though. Jisung can be very stubborn and what Jisung wants, Jisung gets. Hyunjin understands. He trusts Jisung to know what he needs and to take care of himself. He trusts Jisung to be safe and fine on his own. He will be just fine. Everything will be fine.

Just like last time. Hyunjin has worried too much and all in vain. And he made Jisung feel bad about it. He has to let Jisung go sometimes.

So, he does just that. "Okay then" he says and nods, trying his best to show understanding and sympathy. "But! Don't hesitate to call me or text me, okay? If you need something, yeah?" he makes sure the other nods, even if weakly. Although, it doesn't help Hyunjin's overreacting and overworrying brain.

He lets Jisung pass him. He watches as Jisung's figure gets smaller and smaller as he disappears into the relatively busy streets. And then he's out of sight and Hyunjin feels like he's done something stupid. Something he'll regret. Something he'll forever feel sorry for. Or maybe it's just his brain that's unable to settle down and get its shit together.

He walks home feeling lonely and empty. Without Jisung.