Jeongchan

⌦ 𝐽𝑒𝑜𝑛𝑔𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑛
⌦ 𝑛𝑜 𝑚𝑎𝑗𝑜𝑟 𝑡𝑤𝑠
⌦ 𝑤𝑜𝑟𝑑𝑠: 238

***

"Say you still want me" Jeongin cries, sounding pathetic and desperate. He just needs to know.

"Please, be honest" he closes his eyes as more tears make their way down his already red and raw cheeks.

A warm hand comes to wipe them away gently.

"Of course, Innie, of course I want you still" a gentle voice promises. He's being honest and Jeongin appreciates it.

He nods, relieved and happy. This is all he has ever needed. To know he's needed. To know he's wanted. To know he's loved. And he loves Chan just the same, maybe even a little bit more, if that's even possible.

"Thank you" he whispers.

He doesn't know what he's done to deserve this. To deserve Chan. He's grateful though and it's so overwhelming that the tears don't stop. Emotions are always overwhelming.

"You don't have to thank me" Chan says and keeps caressing Jeongin's cheeks, wiping away the stray tears escaping.

This is nice.

"You're precious" Chan whispers, voice low and eyes loving. "Don't cry" he says.

Jeongin nods and goes to wipe his tears away. He sniffles and tries to settle down his heart as well.

At least he has a meaning. A purpose to keep wandering around this cruel world for another day. Before, he's lost many times. But now, he has Chan. As his compass. As his map.

And finally, he feels wanted.