Chansung

⌦ 𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑛𝑠𝑢𝑛𝑔
⌦ 𝑡𝑤𝑠: 𝑖𝑚𝑝𝑙𝑖𝑒𝑑 𝑑𝑒𝑝𝑟𝑒𝑠𝑠𝑖𝑜𝑛, 𝑖𝑚𝑝𝑙𝑖𝑒𝑑 𝑠𝑢𝑖𝑐𝑖𝑑𝑒
⌦ 𝑤𝑜𝑟𝑑𝑠: 2960

***

Chan's heading to the studio. It's a late friday morning and he decided to take this day a bit slower. He'd usually be fully occupied by work by now, at this time of day. Overworked and overly exhausted, however, creative, focused, with a good flow. Today, he's rather the latter.

He's also been trying to catch up on sleep lately and it's been working.

That's why he woke up at 10 am this morning, letting the rays of sun glowing through the blinds wake him up. He had a cup of black coffee and he took his time getting ready.

And now he feels more awake and more energetic than ever. Refreshed, bright and peaceful.

The day is beautiful. It's late spring and the summer is almost here. It's warm and comfortable.

The little birds are chirping, the trees and bushes are becoming greener day by day and a soft, warm breeze is twirling in the air. There's a few people on the streets as Chan makes his way forward. That is until the familiar looking, tall building comes to his view.

...

He makes his way inside and greets people he passes by with a friendly smile. He can't wait to start with his work already, even if taking it easy today. Work has always and will always be near his heart. No matter what.

He takes the elevator to the destined floor and makes his way down the corridor to the familiar looking door. It's shut. He's sure his colleagues are already here.

He opens the door and oh, yes, he's right.

He's met with a laughter and two figures moving around. They quieten down a bit as they notice Chan who closes the door behind him.

"Hey guys" Chan says.

"Hello!" they greet in unison.

"Hyung!" Jisung shouts and jumps on him, surprising him. Chan hugs him back and laughs airily against the other's soft hair. What's this?

"Hey, Sung, how come you're so eager, hm?" Chan asks lightheartedly. He's genuinely a bit confused but happy, nonetheless.

"Hmm, no reason, I'm just in a good mood, hyung" he answers and retreats, making his way back to the couch where he left.

Chan raises an eyebrow. In a good mood? Jisung sounded genuine and his smile was as big as ever. And the atmosphere in the room is light and authentic. Jisung's usually the one who has an affect on the atmosphere as well as people around him.

And if Changbin looks that content as he is right now, Jisung must really be over the moon today.

Huh?

The thing is that Jisung's severely depressed and has been for a couple of years now. It's been struggle both for himself and for his friends. The constant worry, fear, anxiety, stress and all that. Constantly looking after him, having an eye on him and making sure he's okay. Or, as okay as he can be at the moment.

The constant mindset to face any kind of a deal and be ready for any possible scenario.

It's exhausting, yes, but Chan's never and will never complain. Since in the end, losing Jisung and being without him around would be more exhausting.

Jisung never had a real family. Having grown in a broken family and being kicked out of the house, the only people he's found himself with are Chan and Changbin.