Seungin

⌦ 𝑆𝑒𝑢𝑛𝑔𝑖𝑛
⌦ 𝑡𝑤𝑠: 𝑏𝑢𝑙𝑙𝑦𝑖𝑛𝑔, 𝑠𝑒𝑙𝑓 𝑒𝑠𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑚 𝑖𝑠𝑠𝑢𝑒𝑠
⌦ 𝑤𝑜𝑟𝑑𝑠: 1466

***

Seungmin looks out the window. The sky's depressingly gray and the neighborhood looks bleak and almost like desolate. It looks lonely and emotionally dead. But in a perfect way.

It describes Seungmin and his own mind perfectly. And he likes early spring days because of it. They offer some sort of a familiar feeling. It's like admitting you're sad but it's okay because you're not the only one sad. Seungmin isn't the only one feeling like this. Feeling down. Maybe the sky is falling. He doesn't believe that theory though.

School will be ending in a couple of months and this year has been, well, not at Seungmin's side. He's passed his classes and made his mom proud. He's been working and paying his bills. He's been trying his hardest and he feels good to see the results.

He's been feeling like this for the past few weeks. He hasn't been able to smile. At all. He hasn't been able to feel a genuine delight or pleasure or enjoyment.

He knows his smile isn't he prettiest and his laugh isn't music to anyone's ears. He knows he isn't the best looking and doesn't have an attractive visual appearance. He knows he's weird. With the braces, weird facial features and a weird life style. He knows it. Okay?

So he doesn't know why anyone would rub it in his face or feed him tons of shit daily.

He's so sick of it.

The bullying started the exact same day the preschool started and has been going on all these years. He's an adult now and doing fine but the bullies haven't had enough. Seungmin doesn't know what keeps them going. Maybe they're bored losers who wants to stick with the familiar and safe victim. Maybe Seubgmin is an easy target. Seungmin has learned though. He's not stupid. But oh, the bullies are.

Seungmin has learned to just let go. Ignore. Don't pay attention. Walk away. Do what you're doing and let them be. They can't hurt you. Words can't hurt you.

Until they do.

Seungmin has gotten beaten up as well. Only a few times and it barely left any scars on him. Neither physical nor mental. His glasses has broken a few times though but it's been just a little damage. He's become like a rock. Nondescript, downbeat and just a bland rock. At least he's reactions or visual pain aren't leading his bullies on. And he thought they'd get bored or tired.

But they didn't.

Nowadays it's just mocking. Shouting mean comments in the school's hallways or whistling annoyingly after him. Calling him by nasty names and throwing rocks and erasers at him.

And he's lost his ability to smile.

But he isn't the only who's noticed.

Jeongin. He has Jeongin. Jeongin appeared one day and hasn't left since then. They stick together and hang out as much as they can. But the one year gap between them and different schedules are messing up their plans on bonding as good friends.

He already finished his classes for today and he's been doing nothing but chilling. His thoughts have been rather loud lately.

He's always had issues with self esteem. He isn't the most confident out here.

And the comments he gets about his looks aren't helping him. He can't even look into the mirror anymore. He just feels that disgusted.

"Hey, crooked face!"