Minsung

⌦ 𝑀𝑖𝑛𝑠𝑢𝑛𝑔
⌦ 𝑡𝑤𝑠: 𝑚𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛𝑒𝑑 𝑚𝑖𝑛𝑜𝑟 𝑖𝑛𝑗𝑢𝑟𝑖𝑒𝑠, 𝑛𝑜𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑡𝑜𝑜 𝑚𝑎𝑗𝑜𝑟
⌦ 𝑤𝑜𝑟𝑑𝑠: 1521

***

Minho runs. It feels almost like his legs could break or be cut off at any moment. His steps feels heavy against the hard pavement, cracked asphalt – just like his heart.

His heart's beating, racing even. And it's shattering, at every step. At least that's what it feels like. Pain. But he can't give up. There's hope, always.

But among the pain, there's hope. Trembling nervousness, raw fear, suffocating anxiety, but still a small spark of hope, relief, happiness.

So, Minho runs, making his way as fast as possible to the destination he was told. And he doesn't waste a second.

He should have been faster earlier. He shouldn't have waited. He should have done anything but wait, hesitate.

Now though he isn't hesitating, not for a single moment.

The wind is strong and cold. It hits him straight in the face as he makes a sharp turn to the left. The river is close by, ahead, almost within Minho's sight. He runs towards it. It's freezing but he isn't shivering. More like sweating as he's been running quite a while – all the way from the police station which was relatively far. He didn't have time to wait for the next bus though. So, he ran.

The wind messes with his dark, matte hair. His lungs burn. His heart beats madly. Soon enough, the river comes to his view and so come the red and blue lights as well. He keeps running, subconsciously speeding, if that was even possible. He crosses the road, not bothering to watch out for the traffic. He doesn't have the time.

And then, he reaches his destination. There's an ambulance and a police car as well as people by the riverside. Too many people. Minho stops his running and frantically looks around the small park area until his eyes fall onto the person sitting on one of the benches close by and wrapped in a dark blanket.

There sits a tiny looking, curled up boy. He looks so young. Pale, dirty hair, fragile looking and shaking. Looking like a porcelain vase that could shatter into pieces at any moment. The boy had his eyes closed, breathing heavily and shakily, clearly trying to control his own breathing.

Minho lets out a relief sigh, all the pressure weighting down on his chest leaving, making breathing easier and his heart calmer. He doesn't think he's ever been that scared in his life that he's been these past few hours. It feels so relieving and freeing to find the person Minho's been looking for the whole damned night.

He doesn't have a moment to waste. He speeds his steps and as soon as the boy is within the arm's length, Minho grabs him and pulls him to himself. He lowers them down onto the ground and hugs the younger as tight as he possibly can, still out of breath and body sore, but happy. Nevertheless, happy and relieved. And he isn't letting go. He's never letting go again.

He doesn't speak. Just nuzzles his nose and leaving gentle kisses on the other's hair. It's greasy but Minho doesn't care. He doesn't care about anything or anyone else.

With other hand, he rans through the other's hair and back. Trying to be soothing. With another hand, he pushes the other's head against his own chest, trying to calm the other down and at the same time calm himself down.

He closes his eyes and takes in the proximity he's been missing these past hours and days even. He lrts go of all the fear that's been making him insane. All the pain leaving and the pieces of his shattering heart being collected and put back together. He leans his cheeks against the other's head and rocks them both.