Minsung

⌦ 𝑀𝑖𝑛𝑠𝑢𝑛𝑔 (𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑒 𝑜𝑓 𝐽𝑖𝑠𝑢𝑛𝑔 𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝑜ℎ 𝑤𝑒𝑙𝑙)
⌦ 𝑡𝑤𝑠: 𝑚𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑎𝑙 ℎ𝑜𝑠𝑝𝑖𝑡𝑎𝑙, 𝑟𝑒𝑓𝑒𝑟𝑒𝑛𝑐𝑒𝑠 𝑡𝑜 𝑚𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑎𝑙 ℎ𝑒𝑎𝑙𝑡ℎ 𝑖𝑠𝑠𝑢𝑒𝑠
⌦ 𝑤𝑜𝑟𝑑𝑠: 877

***

"Good morning, mr. Han" a familiar voice says. He hears the door closing quietly and footsteps walking towards his bed. His back is facing the door and he doesn't have the energy to turn around. He already recognizes the person.

It's the familiar nurse he's gotten accustomed to during these long months. She's friendly and kind and is unmistakably at her element as a nurse. She knows what she's doing and she's become a prominent safe place to Jisung. Jisung isn't afraid or anxious to open up to her about anything. Not even his darkest secrets. She's one of the only ones he's willing to talk to without fuss.

"Mr. Han? I have some news for you" she says and Jisung makes a mental note of the smile in her voice. He turns around slowly and hesitantly, peeking his head from under the covers.

The nurse smiles at him gently. She has her black and long hair in a low ponytail as well as a stack of some papers with her. In her other hand is, however, she has a small plastic cup. She looks at Jisung sympathetically as Jisung looks back at her questioningly.

"This is something you'd definitely like to hear, I dare say" she says and Jisung gets a bit more curious.

He doesn't expect anything. He's learned not to expect things. Because, if you expect something, things won't always go as you'd please. That's what always happens to Jisung. He always gets disappointed and if he gets surprised in a positive way, he's way too taken aback by it. And because he's way too emotional for his own good, he's learned not to let the emotions have an impact.

His face stays neutral. He tries to stop his thoughts from causing chaos and his heart from going wild.

"But! Firstly, you must take your meds" she says. She puts the papers down onto the bedside table and offers Jisung the small cup. Jisung looks at it and takes it. He gulps down the two pills and sips from the water bottle the nurse offered him as well.

She takes the two objects from his hands and puts them away. Then, she takes a seat from the bed. Normally, Jisung would shy away. He would shove anyone away if they dared to come too close. He'd throw a fit and slip from the reality to a panic attack. He'd cry and feel like dying.

But he likes the nurse and her presence. He feels safe and secure with her. So, he lets her in.

He sits up as well and the nurse doesn't glance away from him.

"Don't lose your hope too fast, these are some good news for you" she starts. "You'll be able to go home today or tomorrow, whichever option feels the best, there's no pressure" she says. Jisung has to process the words carefully. Home? Today?

"I called your boyfriend and he sounded very happy, he'll be coming over later" she says.

Jisung starts to feel hopeful. A feeling he thought he'd never feel again. He'd been feeling so helpless. However, soon this'll all be over. Does it mean he's healed and okay again?

"Hm, partly yes. You'll still have to take your meds daily and see your therapist, but for the rest, we all are sure you'll be just fine" the nurse says. "And you won't be alone, right? You have Minho" she adds. Wait, did she just- "I did" she says and smiles.

She's always been different from the others. She gets Jisung better than anyone. She can even read Jisung's mind sometimes. It's either real magic or that Jisung's just too easy to read.

A warm feeling is spreading throughout Jisung's body though. He feels unreal but hopeful. Like a spark that's been died out for so long has been ignited again. It lights up even the darkest corners of his soul.

He looks at his own hands and fidgets with fingers. He feels bit too much conflicting things right now and it's all hitting him now with full force.

"A-are you sure? I mean..." he mumbles, not knowing how to express himself.

She understands more than well though.

"I am! Everything's taken care of, so you don't have to worry" she says reassuringly. "Now, you can continue resting, I get you must be tired" she smiles and gets up.

"Everything will be alright, Jisung," she says and then she's out of sight.

Everything will be alright.

Soon, he'll be home and back with Minho. God, he misses Minho. It feels like hasn't seen the older in years but in reality, it must only be about two weeks. Minho hasn't had the time to visit him. He must be busy. They call sometimes but Jisung does miss Minho and a phone call will never make it up to him.

The nurse said today or tomorrow depending on his well being and how he feels. He feels good. Better than earlier. He can say he gets a bit excited as well. But he remembers not to get too attached to the hope and fantasies.

This is all reality, after all.