Hyunchan

⌦ 𝐻𝑦𝑢𝑛𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑛
⌦ 𝑡𝑤𝑠: 𝑝𝑡𝑠𝑑, 𝑝𝑎𝑛𝑖𝑐 𝑎𝑡𝑡𝑎𝑐𝑘, 𝑖𝑚𝑝𝑙𝑖𝑒𝑑 𝑝𝑡𝑠𝑑, 𝑏𝑙𝑜𝑜𝑑, 𝑖𝑚𝑝𝑙𝑖𝑒𝑑 𝑠𝑢𝑖𝑐𝑖𝑑𝑒
⌦ 𝑤𝑜𝑟𝑑𝑠: 1578

***

Hyunjin settels down onto the other side of the sofa with a popcorn bowl. He puts it down between them so they can both reach it.

Then, he drapes a red, fluffy blanket around himself and when he looks comfortable, Chan starts the movie.

It's not usual the two of them watch a movie together or spend time together in general. Chan's usually busy with work and he works around the clock. Hyunjin's been busy with school but recently, he's craved having a movie night with someone. It'd be a great way to recover from the stress and all.

And everyone else had been unavailable. And just as he was about to lose hope and pick a movie by himself, he'd stumble upon Chan's studio. So, here they are now, in the livingroom of Hyunjin's apartment.

Chan said yes because one: it was about time he takes a proper break and two: he'd missed his friends and especially Hyunjin. It's like the two of them have been withdrawing from each other. Not that they were ever close with one another.

They chose to watch a horror movie. Hyunjin usually watches cheesy romance movies but today he's been feeling like he needs some adrenaline.

Younger him would refuse. Strongly and sharply, he'd say no. And if he was forced to sit through the movie, he'd piss his pants, shake like a leaf, jump at every little thing and have nightmares for the next couple of months.

Current him isn't like that. Not anymore.

He's watch horror movies a lot with his friends, especially with Jisung. And he isn't afraid that much anymore. Of course, the sudden jump scares get him every time. However, he's gotten through his head the fact the people in these movies are paid actors and it's all staged.

And, he doesn't have to be alone.

They watch the movie and it's actually quite good.

They munch the popcorn but suddenly, Chan interrupts.

"I'll go get something to drink, would you like something?" he asks and points the direction of the kitchen with his thumb.

"Yeah, actually, I bought a six pack of coke, it's in the fridge" Hyunjin says and as Chan leaves, he focuses back on the movie.

The movie is kind of cryptic and obscure. In addition, it's really dark all the time. At least it's already late outside and the room is dim, otherwise, he couldn't see a thing on the screen of the TV.

There's a young girl walking slowly around a dim lit house. She wanders around rooms and corridors. The music is low but it starts to pick up slightly as the girl makes her way down one corridor and towards a yellow door that's shut.

Hyunjin's almost like in a trance, watching intensely and closely as the girl takes slow and small steps towards the door.

Hyunjin starts to feel uneasy, restless. He holds his breath and his heart rate picks up. He feels anxious and he wants to look away, already fearing for the worst, expecting for the most awful scenario ever. But he can't look away.

Instead, he hugs the pillow tighter, grabbing it so his knuckles turn white. His palms are sweating and he's as still as possible, almost frozen.

Then, the girl finally reaches the door. She holds her hand out and grabs the knob. Then, she presses it down and pushes.