Hyunjin

⌦ 𝐻𝑦𝑢𝑛𝑗𝑖𝑛
⌦ 𝑛𝑜 𝑚𝑎𝑗𝑜𝑟 𝑡𝑤𝑠
⌦ 𝑤𝑜𝑟𝑑𝑠: 320

***

These days are passing by slowly. I find myself looking for something meaningful, something significant. Something I could take a hold on and hold onto it until these humdrum days are over.

Nothing excites me. Nothing means anything. Nothing makes me think, create images in my head so I could paint them alive on the canvas.

I'm stuck. There's no thought, no feeling in what I do these days. I crave inspiration, creativity, imaginative power. Something that could push me into work.

The paintbrushes lay on the desk, waiting to be used to create something beautiful. The white canvas is blank, void of that something beautiful. The paint pots and tubes are scattered around the desk as well, all different colors. They're all looking at me, as if mocking, as if asking: "What happened to you? We thought you were artist material" and I sigh.

Perhaps waiting for a couple of days to pass by will get me out of this black hole that's swallowing me. Those days will be slow though.

Jeongin talked to him about this, he recalls. He phrased as "a writer's block" which makes sense since he studies literature and is currently struggling with a book he's supposed to be writing.

But for Hyunjin, it's the same phenomenon but as an artist.

Hyunjin comes to a conclusion.

If he has no thoughts, he'll paint without them. He'll paint with no wonders of his mind. With no meaning behind it. With no story behind it.

Sometimes it's like that.

So, he takes a brush, dips in the colored water and starts.

He starts with random lines with mindless shapes and colors. Mixing and creating something new, something that's not been created yet and won't ever be created again.

If there's a block in front of him, in his way, he'll choose another path. Another direction. And he'll walk pass that block.