Chapter 8 (Poisoned Pika)

.
.
.
Time skip. 4 days later. Total days on the island is 7.

Leorios POV*

We've gotten very close this past week. At this point we talk and hang out like we've known each other for ever. I could get used to this. Today is the day they are releasing the 3 pro hunters. There job is to come after us and make our days harder then the past 7. Gon and Killua are already up, preparing for the next 7 days. Killua was sharping and shaping the horns he took off of the boar from the third stage. Kurapika was under the shelter that Gon built. He fell asleep there last night. I'm gonna go check on him.

I walk over to the blonde boy laying on the ground. He was curled up in a ball. I smile for a moment before I take in more detail. His face was red and he was sweating. I heard silent whimpers escape his mouth as he clutched his stomach.

"Pika, are you alright?" I ask.

He whimpered again, "My tummy hurts." He cries.

Why was that cute? I lightly blush at the thought. I bent down to his level and touch his forehead.

"Pika your burning up." I whisper.

"Leorio..." He whispers in pain.

"Hold on, I'm gonna ask Gon and Killua to help find some herbs that will make you feel better ill be right back."

Before thinking about it I brush his blonde hair out of his face trying to comfort him. What am I doing? I sigh and stand back up walking over to Gon and Killua as they are arguing about something.

"Hey can you guys help me find a certain plant? It has 5 green leaves with a light pink stem, Pika isn't doing so hot." I tell them.

"Pika? Is he going to be okay?" Gon panics.

"Yes Gon, He just is in some discomfort and this plant will help relieve it." I tell them.

"Okay we will help you look."

"Thank you guys."

From they way Pika was acting I think he was poisoned. I have no idea how though.
.
.
.
Killuas POV*

Leorio stayed behind with Pika just in case anything changed. Gon and I were searching for the plant. 5 leaves pink stem. He said they are are found at bases of trees.

"Killua you find anything yet?" I hear from behind me.

"No, Let's check over there."

We wonder through the woods and it starts to get thicker. We have to keep an eye out someone can be lurking.

"Killua I think I found WOAH-"

I turn around and suddenly get pushed to the ground. I hit my head and whinced.

"Ouch." I opened my eyes and saw two caramel ones staring at mine.

Gon is on top of me with his arms on either side of my head. I blush and look away.

"AH ah SORRY! I tripped!" He stuttered quickly getting off of me and reaching his hand out to help me up.

"Baka, what did you trip on?" I try to hide my face by looking down and pretending I'm looking for something he could have tripped on.

"Ha, Um, My own foot...." He said sheepishly. I laugh at him.

I quick changed the subject, "hey-y you said you think you found it?"

"Yeah under that tree back there!" He said excitingly.

He grabs my wrist and drags me along. Why is my heart racing? Stop it Killua! He hands me the plant to look at to make sure he got the right one. I mean I really don't know but its what Leo described.

"Let's take it back to Leo and see if its the right one."

He nods and we head back. I trail behind him deep in thought. I know I'm gay but this is not the time to get flustered over I guy i met a week and a half ago. Sure we spent that whole time together but seriously I hate teen hormones.

"Are you okay back there?" Gon asked. I simply nod and smile.

We get back to Leorio and Pika, they were under the shelter.

"We are back, is this the plant you needed?" I ask handing it to him.

He looked at it for a second, "Yes thank you."

He grabbed it and started crushing it in his hand. He then moved pika so his head was resting on Leorios lap.

"Pika, I need you to eat this."

"Who are you?" Pika questioned. He started to get confused and distorted.

"I'm a doctor and you need to take your medicine to feel better." Leorio said making Pika calm back down.

Pika nodded and took the crushed plant from Leo and without questioning it put it in his mouth and started chewing it.

"That is so nasty." Pika gagged.

"I know, Your gonna get a little sleepy but in 5 hours you'll feel much better." Leorio said as he started to get up. Pika grabbed his wrist.

"Will you stay until I fall asleep?" He asked softly.

Leo smiled and nodded and sat back down with Pika. "Thank you guys." He whispered to us. We nodded and let them be.
.
.
.
Kurapikas POV*

I woke up to a couple people laughing and talking. I groaned and sat up grabbing my head. My vision was a little blurry and took a second for my eyes to adjust.

"Leo, Pika is awake." I hear Gon say.

"What happened?" I ask when Leo rushed over to me.

Leorio put is hand on my forehead. I'm so confused. I went to sleep last night and I dont remember anything else.

"You came down with something. To be completely honest we think someone might have poisoned you somehow."

"Poison?" I ask.

"Pika, do you remember anything that happened today?" Leo asked worrying.

I shook my head, "Last thing I remember is going to sleep last night."

"Hm, then it most have happened before you went to sleep. Did you eat anything other then the fish?" Leorio asked.

I thought back, "No, all I can say is that I left two fish last night alone for just a moment when I had to go to the bathroom." I said.

"Do you think someone would have put poison on it and took off?" Gon asked.

"The problem is Killua ate one of them, and he is fine." Pika stated.

"Pika, I am resistant to poison." Killua explained.

"Ah, then it is quite possible someone is trying to mess with us." Leorio said, "From now on, no one leaves food unintended, if you need to leave go in pairs, someone could be watching us."

"That's probably smart." Gon said.
.
.
.
Hisoka's POV*

I was up in a tree looking down at the four boys. They figured it out. I'm surprised they found something for the blonde he would have been dead a couple hours later once the confusing and delirium took effect. That plant probably made him forget about everything that happened. The poison caused a lot of pain, starting in the stomach then moving to his head and other parts of his body. I guess ill hav to try something else....