CHAPTER 39

" Yú Zîyuān, where is Wei Wuxian? Why isn't he here for his meals?" but madam Yu ignore him and continued eating her dinner. Jiang Fengmian stood up fearing that something bad has to have happened like always when he went to clan leader business.

He stormed out if the dining hall and madam Yu scoffed, she knew that was how he would react and she wasn't surprised by that. Jiang Fengmian went to Wei Ying's room and foundthebtwi desciples outside and they greeted him but the ignore them since he was too worried to talk to them. He opened the door and found Wei Ying sleeping in the bed with bandages on his side table together with medicinal herbs the doctor prescribed. He went closer to him and uncovered his quilt and he gasped, he didn't understand why his wife failed to tell him when he asked about Wei Ying. And now he found out why, he quickly went outside angry that he had ever been and he asked the two desciples outside what had happened.

They became so scared to answer and he confirmed that indeed something bad had happened. They were reluctant to answer before but he got too mad for them to hide it from him. They told him everything, his Wei Ying was punished to sleep outside and that it was not the first time it happened, everything from the start since Wei Ying arrived in Lotus Cove up until the happening of the night before. Jiang Fengmian felt like he was burning from anger and he shot out and went to confront his wife. He got to the dining hall and he found that his wife had already gone to her bed chambers, he went there and burger into her bedroom and he vomited his anger towards her, telling her how he knew everything about her treatment towards Wei Ying but she looked like she didn't care.

But Jiang Fengmian did not take time to calculate his words. " How do you think I'm going to face my best friend when I meet him in the spirit world, I have failed him and Cangse by it taking proper care of their son. His can you do that to a small bit like that? He's just an orphan with no siblings and you just treated him like he was a vermin, how could you d-.." Jiang Fengmian's anger was cut by her when she asked what she confirmed she didn't misheard. " Whose son did you say that scoundrel is? Oooh... Now I see why you brought him back her!;e...what is it...did you miss your illegitimate son that you spoiled him more than. Your own son.

Now I see why you always refused to tell those old hags to give Wanyin extra classes, the reason was that you wanted you illegitimate son to be the best at everything so that you could make him clan leader some day...well...over my dead body will I let that happen. Fengmian...did you love her so much that you saw me as your desciples that you never cared for me? I always asked you to make an heir to your position but you always dismissed it. This was because you already had a son who you wanted to be your successor...huh (*scoff*) I will not let that happen." " Yú Zîyuān...why nonsense are you talking about!! Don't anger me or -..". " Or what...what will a useless man like you do huh! Kill me...beat me...throw me out? That will never happen. I will die after my son becomes a clan leader and not by your hands"

" This is the reason why I didn't want to marry you, you never cared about our relationship but only about your status. You think I did not know all this time that you drugged me? That you tried so hard to get me injured just so you could fulfil your disgusting evil plan..? I knew everything and even when Changze thought that he hid it well I still found out and kept quite. You even went too far as to drug me and sleep with me and that's how Yanli was concieved...you think I didn't know that you had a lover you wanted to take over my clan after we married? You think I do not know that the reason you refused to change your surname was because you already had a suitor in mind and I was just a pawn to your sick game of obtaining power and status...? Yu Zîyuān...how stupid do you think I am? Is it becase I have always treated you with respect as my wife that you think you can fool me? Is it because I let you share with me responsibilities of clan leader that you think I'm stupid? "

" Yes ...I did all that...what can you do about it...who will you tell about it who would not think you're just a foolish man full of flesh and nothing but a coward to lay his love for his wife and laid it for his prostitute? Go ahead and tell them...but let me tell you something.. I will not sit by fold my arms and let that bastard take my son's place...never! " Jiang Fengmian saw that it was useless to argue with her but he promised himself to find a way to stop madam Yu's habbit of hurting Wei Ying whenever she felt bored. He rushed out of her bedroom and went to another bedroom to lessen his headache. He sat down in a chair and poured tea and drank it while thinking of a plan to protect Wei Ying.

He remembered the desciples who stood guard outside Wei Ying's room and he called out a desciple to call them immediately. What he didn't know was by the time the two desciples came, madam Yu called her two female body bodyguards and together they devices a plan to finish Wei Ying once and for all. Her exoression changed to a sinister one as her Zidian buzzed ready to come out and play. " I am going to kill that prostitute's son, she had ruined my marriage. Fengmian changed after he met her, I don't care about me but my son will get what's rightfully hers no matter what. I will deal with that boy just like I dealt with his whore of a mother.

The stayed in her room and planners their devious plan knowing very well that Jiang Fengmian will not enter her room. The morning Jiang Fengmian woke up with a pounding headache, he went to the healer and asked him to check his entire body what had happened to him the night before. The healer indeed checked and told him that he was drugged and that he had had sexual intimacy with someone. He knew it was his wife and that's when he stopped sharing a room with her and ordered his food to be cooked by other one maiden and brought to him straight after she had finished preparing it, she fought his decision but he stuck with it.

No matter how many times she accused him of wanting to sleep around with other maidens he wasn't moved nor gave any explanation. At first the healer thought he was maybe drugged by maidens because there were those known for openly expressing how they felt about the handsome,kind and strong leader. Madam Yu knew about it and at first she punished to work in the pork farm for two month and after they were done for the day she would make them parade Lotus Cove to disgrace them. One would think they would stop, but the more she punished, beat them and threatened to kill them they started expressing their fondness for him openly. She couldn't do anything about it because if she did she would be known as a woman who cannot satisfy her husband.

She did try once and poisoned one of the maids but a healer was immediately called by other maidens and she was asked how she was poisoned and she told them it was Madam Yu's doings. Nobody confronted her because they were afraid of her but wherever she went people would gossip and whisper to each other, other clan's also found out which disgraced her and made her loose face, that even the Lanlin Jin madam Jin wife of clan leader Jin Guanshan started distancing herself from her. They were childhood friends and had made a promise to each other to marry their first born children to each other if they were a different gender and sworn siblings if they were the same gender, but after what she heard she thought twice about her promise.

She couldn't go back from it because by then everyone knew the day Jiang Yanli was born that she was engaged to his son Jin Zixuan and would get married when they come of age. Madam Jin stopped his son from visiting Lotus Cove to meet up with Yanli so that they could know each other better and let him do whatever he wanted to the point of telling her son that he could choose whomever he wanted to marry. That made Jin Zixuan to disregard Jiang Yanli and become too arrogant and hinted the Jiang family was forcing him to marry their useless daughter only because if his father's riches. Jiang Yanli heard the rumours and she was so hurt that she decided to dedicate her life in taking care of his brothers a'Cheng and a'Xian.