CHAPTER 66

Lan Zhan lifted off his silencing charm with just one look, because that's all it was needed, yes...just one look was enough to put ones mouth to rest. He looked to the floor his eyes focusing on nothing in particular, he was too nervous to hear what Wei Ying was going to say to his brother infornt of his uncle. He was afraid that Wei Ying might ruin his image infrint of his uncle and it would be difficult to convince him otherwise when he was to bet Wei Ying on his side. Wei Ying was murmuring and she the spell lifted off he barfed out " You fuddy duddy–...huh!..." He was surprised that the spell was lifted.

"Aah.. Zewu Jun, you know... Lan Zhan is being too unreasonable, he first he unsheathed his sword and fought me, then he  silenced me and he also broke my jar of wine... Well...you see, I didn't know that alcohol was forbidden here so...so I just took one sip on the roof before he broke it and he refuses to replace it." Lan Qiren was watching and listening to Wei Ying and when he spoke watched Wei Ying's posture and how he placed his foot carelessly towards his table. But he didn't get a chance to say anything because Lan Xichen spoke before he could.

Lan Xichen was surprised by the name Wei Ying called him, he froze for a moment and looked at Lan Zhan to see if he heard right. But Lan Zhan was still too nervous to look anywhere else. He listened to Wei Ying and when he was done he said " Wei-Gonzi, you cannot blame Wangji for doing that because alcohol is indeed forbidden here in Cloud Rescessess, you made a mistake first so you should be punished. Wangji...how do you want to punish him?" Lan Xichen asked his Dìdì knowing very well that he didn't want him to be punished by cane, he wouldn't stand it if that happened.

" Copy the Lan Clan rules fifty times" Lan Zhan said. "Huh! Fifty times? I didn't know it was forbidden, Zewu Jun...please rethink this"  " Ok just since you are new here I would let you off without punishment, you can go but don't do it again. Your sister and others had already entered, Lan Zhan let them in–" " Xiongzhang!..." Lan Zhan cut Lan Xichen off before he exposed him further, he didn't want him to get to the part that he even waited for him to get back because he was worried and his uncle also didn't know that. Wei Ying came closer to him and asked.

" You...mean...Lan Zhan...he let them in?" Lan Xichen answered him with a nod, he wanted to avoid sayimg more than he should. Wei turned around and went towards Lan Zhan and Lan Zhan took a step back to stop Wei Ying from getting close to him. He didn't want to expose himself infront of his uncle because he knew he would loose control and wouldn't be able to control himself. Wei Ying looked at him and said ."Aah! Lan-er-Gongzi...I'm sorry ok...I didn't know and it was wring of me to call you names.." Lan Zhan didn't answer him infact that approximity was more than enough to push him off balance. The fact that Wei Ying was talking to him alone made him have goosebumps and it felt uncomfortable.

Lan Xichen told Wei Ying to go rest since the following day was the start if their lessons, so he asked Lan Zhan to accompany him and show him where his other sect members were. They were about to leave when Wei Ying notice what looked like a person being covered in a white cloth on a small bed in the other room. He stopped abruptly and asked " Zewu Jun...why did you cover him with a white cloth like he was dead? " Lan Xichen's breath hitched as he looked at his uncle, they had covered him because all signs showed he was dead. " Wei-Gonzi...what to you mean "

" Am I wrong? But he wasn't dead when they held in on the stretcher when we were still at the gate. " Lan Zhan shit his eyes in Wei Ying surprised at what he had just said. Lan Zhan had checked him before they took him back and he was sure the man was dead. When he heard what Wei Ying said he was shocked at his he would be so confident to even say it again that the cultivator was still alive. He started to question what kind if powers Wei Ying had, if he couldn't see that the man was alive then what kind of powers did he have to even see without touching that he was alive.

Wei Ying entered the room and all the Lan's followed him in, by that time Lan Qiren didn't stop him because he was curious to see what Wei Ying meant, he and Lan Xichen had also checked the man but he they saw he was dead. The man was the only person Lan Zhan was able to save from in their night hunt. There had been a strange force that killed strong cultivators from every clan and Lan Xichen and Lan Zhan had sent Lan Zhan to investigate the matter and that's when it happened to three of the cultivators he had brougjt along, but managed to save only him.

Lan Zhan took of the cloth that was covering the man and they surrounded the bed to check the so called dead man. All of a sudden, the man sat up, frightening Wei Ying in the process, and when Wei Ying touched him he realised that he was already hard like he was dead. " You see...he looks dead, feels dead...but he's actually alive. " He continued to check him in the presence of everyone, then the man opened his eyes revealing white pupils and the look made him look scary. It looks like his spirit was snatched from him, making him look like...like...like" " like a zombie" Lan Zhan asked but Wei Ying didn't confirm it and kept on thinking when Lan Qiren said " a puppet?". " Yes! Yes a puppet, the one that could be manipulated and controlled"

Everyone in the room was surprised and impressed by Wei Ying and Lan Xichen even gave him a secret pat behind his shoulder so that his uncle didn't see them. Wei Ying looked at the burn marks in his neck and face and wondered what kind of magic would make someone be like that. Lan Qiren told them to go and get some rest and that he and Lan Xichen would handle the rest from there. Lan Zhan left followed by Wei Ying, he was going to show Wei Ying the guest quarters he assigned for his their clan members. Along the way..Wei Ying was walking slower as if he didn't want the night with Lan Zhan to end.

" Lan-er-Gongzi...have we met before? Why does my heart feels like it knows you?" " Why do you say that?" " Well...when I saw you walk in...I had this image of someone I knew from a long time ago and my heart feels like it's even cherished that person before." " What?" " Wait... don't get any bad ideas, I'm not into men ok! I don't understand this feeling even when we met earlier and even now, I...I.." " Wei-Gonzi...I think you're tired, you should rest. Good night " Lan Zhan stood infront of a gate which led to the guest quarters and he saw the Jiang clan flag hung inside the yard next to a tree, and he understood that they have arrived. But Lan Zhan still didn't answer him as he turned back and went back.