Chapter 14/Odd Habit

After a couple chapters in my book I set it down on my night table and set my alarm.

10:30 P.M

Me- Hey it's Scarlett.

I stared at my text for a moment, the main reason I texted him was so I didn't have to be obligated to text first anymore, since he only gave me his number and he doesn't have mine.

10:35 P.M

Frostee- Hey, wondered how long I'd have to wait.

He had to be a writer. No one uses punctuation in text.

Me- Well I was starting to get curious about your work

I bit my lip hard as I watched the three dots resurface then disappear.

Frostee- I don't show anyone, its horrific.

I laughed slightly. Not knowing what else to say.

Frostee- What are you doing this Thursday?

Me- Nothing.

Frostee- You should come to the shop with me.

Me- The shop?

Frostee- It's were I get my car tuned and maintenance done.

Frostee- I'll pick you up at 3

I was a little taken aback as I hadn't even agreed yet.

Me- I'll be getting out of school by that time.

I stopped for a moment remembering I didn't even know how old he was. Was he still in high school or did I just get a date with an adult?

Frostee- No problem I'll be there just send me the address the day of.

Frostee- Goodnight red.

Me- Goodnight blue.

I needed to text Bellatrix immediately.

10:45 P.M

Me- You better be awake Trix

Bellatrix- Why? What happened?

Me- I just got a date with Frostee.

Before I could type out asking how old he was her caller ID popped up on my phone.

"You got a date?! With Frostee!?"

"Damn easy Bellatrix. I still need my ears." I touched my ear moving my phone to the only one that was working now.

"I'm sorry it's just, Frostee. Frostee?"

"Yes. Now I have an-"

"Scarlett he has never dated anyone before. You must of really had an impact on him."

"I bet it is just because we have the same car. Stupid things like that intrigue guys." And it was true. Men were brainless. "How old is he?" I added quickly before she could interrupt again.

"Frostee, is...holy shit." The other line went dead silent. I looked to see if we lost connection then put the phone back to my ear.

"Trix, how old is he?"

"I-I don't know."

"What do you mean you don't know?" I was shocked.

"I mean I don't fucking know Scar. Why don't I know?" I could hear the panic in her voice.