Chapter 20/Itching With Anticipation

As she reached for the doorbell I switched it to a pleasant expression. Within a matter of seconds the door opened and a man with butler attire appeared. You got to be shitting me. Bellatrix was right. I do live in the rich neighborhood.

"Welcome Mrs. Blair and Scarlett Buzzby. I will take your coats and guide you to the lounge." He stated properly.

It felt like I entered a castle. Just like the outside it was white, but it still gave a homey feel, I didn't know how that was possible. An entryway expanded into a large wide hallway and straight ahead at the middle of the hallway a staircase was placed. To my left and right there were two cased openings indicating rooms on either side of me. Down the hall behind the stairs the house continued on as I spotted more archways. I slipped my coat off and handed it to the patient butler. I had got too enchanted by Brandon's house that I forgot what the butler said. He hung the coats up and placed them in a closet to our left.

"Right this way." He announced and we followed behind him taking in the beautiful house. I started to become increasingly curious about Brandon's job. First the silver cufflinks, and now this amazing home. Safe to say I was impressed. However, I need to know his job before I make anymore first impressions on this man.

We entered the second cased opening. The room was painted a white with crown molding on the top and bottom. The room contained a China cabinet placed on the back wall with matching white and blue China. The floor was a stained light brown hard wood floor and made a click against the butlers black Oxford dress shoes. Two black rolled arm leather chairs were placed on each side of the room titled to face the center. A white pillow was on each chair as decor. Next to the chairs were two white leather sofas facing each other and two black pillows, as the room starting looking like a black and white chess board. Behind the right sofa was a small cellarette. It had many different shapes and size glass liquor bottles and glass cups and wine glasses set next to it all decorating the top of the cellarette. My blue eyes followed my mother's and they went towards the back of the room where Brandon was on the phone his back facing us.

"Yes. Don't have me tell you again." Brandon turned around and he noticed our presence. "Yes goodbye." He clicked the phone off and placed it in the pocket of his light brown suit and tie combo. His brown hair was styled nicely just as it had been the first time I met him. I smiled lightly trying to be friendly just as my mother asked me to. I looked at Blair out of the corner of my eye and she was smiling her eyes crinkling a little. "Blair and Scarlett, it is so nice to see you two again. I have been itching with anticipation for tonight." He held his hand out for us to shake. I shook his firmly and he shook my mothers lingering longer on her hand than he should.

"So have we." Blair spoke sweetly.

"Please have a seat." He gestures to the couch placed on the left of the room. I took my seat and allowed myself to get comfortable. "What would we like to drink tonight?" Brandon asked standing behind the table I once took note of before.

"Wine is usually my drink." My mother nodded at him.

"Red right?" He guessed with a smirk.

"Of course."

"And you Scarlett?" Brandon asked as he pulled a wine bottle out from under the cabinet.

"Oh I'm only seventeen." I said waving him off.

"Better to drink at home than somewhere else." He smiled at me. Was this a test? He was so hard to read. He was attracted to my mother and there was no hiding that, unless he showed it off purposefully to try to keep me from reading anything else. He was good at hiding, reminded me of someone else I knew.

"Mr. Chase your wife and the twins are ready." The butler announced. Wife? Holy shit. Brandon is married. I glanced toward my mom, but she didn't look fazed. Thankful I didn't have to answer Brandon's question, I turned my attention to the archway to see the butler step aside. A slim woman with blonde hair put in a neat tucked bun entered our view. She wore a mid calf green dress that was tight, forming her body showing each curve. She paired it with sparkly green Jimmy Choo's. She had a V-shaped face and a sharp jawline. Her teeth were a sparkling white and were lined perfectly. Her smile was stock photo perfection.

"Hello, I'm Mrs. Wenna Chase. It is a pleasure." She shook our hands then sat in the black leather chair placed next to me.

"Darling," Brandon handed Wenna a white wine, "Blair," he gave my mom her red wine. Steps coming from the corridor made my gaze go back in that direction. Long blonde hair lightly curled and a black long puff sleeves, tight and stopped right above her knees. Pearls and a black bow.

"Flora." I whispered to myself. I was shocked, but not upset or disappointed. She smiled as she stared at me doing a small finger wave as she made her way across the room. She took her seat in the other black leather seat, but not before putting the pillow on her lap. More steps came and I expected a carbon copy of Flora. Brown hair styled just like Brandon's and a dark blue suit with brown dress shoes. Dark brown eyes. I should've taken that drink when Brandon offered it.

"And these are my children, Flora and Rockwell Chase." Brandon announced taking a seat opposite from Blair leaving Rock or Rockwell to sit right in front of me. I stared at him in utter shock and for once I couldn't hide it. I watched him take his seat and when his eyes rested on me they changed from their dark brown back to their lovely hazel color. Once he sat back into the couch he mouthed to me,

'Good evening baby girl'.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Happy Easter!

Don't forget to...

Comment!

Vote!

Follow!

Share!

Love you beautifuls!

XOXO

P.K