Chapter 32/Stern

Waking up on Monday morning wasn't something I needed to worry about since I didn't sleep. The entire night was me waiting to hear the chirping of the morning birds. Tiptoeing to my window I peeked out of the blinds and watched the sun rise over the Chase's home. I glared at the window which I assumed belonged to Rock.

Huffing out a breath I swung my closet door open and began. Brown jeans with a crisscross corset on each side of my hips. I paired it with a fitted cropped long sleeve light brown top, with some type of Louis Vuitton pattern. I grabbed my All Stars, laced them up, and covered them with the flared jeans. I cleaned my face and then did my makeup. Thick dark mascara and a darker pink for my lips than their natural color. I decided to put the ends of my hair in big loose curls and leave it at that. Snatching my books and notebook I headed downstairs.

"First day of work." My mother announced as she poured her coffee into a to-go cup. She had a black pencil skirt with a white button-up and matching blazer. Her hair was in a neat bun and a colossal smile plastered on her face.

"Are you nervous?" I asked as anyone who would be okay with this would.

"A little." She admitted taking a sip.

"Don't be." I poured some coffee and some milk into a mug and quickly downed it.

"Are you sure you are okay with this Scarlett?" My mother asked me and my mind and body screamed at me to say 'No absolutely not', but I didn't. We need this job and she is happy.

"We need this job. You are happy. Of course, I am." I lied pushing myself off the counter. "Got to head out." I did a two-finger salute and left the kitchen and our home to continue with today's mission.

Enrique drove Roxy to school this morning and Trix said she had to come early for her art class. Apparently, Trix is in a very advanced art class and they are having a big showcase at the end of the month. I am quite curious to see what kind of work she does. Bellatrix has sworn Roxy to secrecy and wants me to wait for the grand reveal at the showcase. I don't know much about Bellatrix. However, I have narrowed down her personality to who she is. Loud, obvious, and bold. This is what makes Trix a bit more tomboyish than others. These aren't bad traits, they are just different and can be harder to handle than others. Trix is not just loud she is stentorian. Which basically means she is powerful in the way she talks. As for obvious...it isn't always bad for someone to be able to read you. Like when Bellatrix clearly wanted to rip Enrique's head off at the drag strip. I on the other hand rather not be that exposed. Bold. Trix is bold and that is my favorite trait about her. However, she can't be bold without being loud and obvious. It's what makes Bellatrix, Trix. This is how I figured out why Bellatrix likes to go by Trix. It was confirmed when she corrected Flora on Saturday.

Dropping my books off in my locker I headed up the stairs to C hallway. As I approached the last few steps, I lifted my head to see Rock leaning against the wall his back leg supporting him. He turns and sees me then stands up straight. I was supposed to be able to compose myself before I met with him. He wore a plain black long-sleeve shirt but pulled it up a bit exposing part of his muscular forearms. His jeans were dark and some type of black and white sneakers. 

"Good morning baby girl."

"Same to you Asshat."I scrunched my nose up at him with the weird greeting.

"Were you waiting for me?" I asked as we joined in steps to reach Mr. Clark's classroom.

"More like delaying." He hummed the answer.

"Delaying what?" I glanced up at him and then averted my eyes immediately. Why is he so godly handsome? His hair fell right above his eyes it was messy like every other morning as if he had just showered and he let it air dry. His hair is wavy almost to the point where it curls.