Chp.44

-AUTHOR POV-

Meanwhile, at the freeway road, Jolyne and her friends make their way to the space center, Jolyne still isn't sure what to do, either wait for the SWF and her mom to arrive, or to pursue the priest by themselves...it's a rough choice for her to make...as she thinks about it, suddenly, the car stop all of the sudden and making weird noises...

Ermes: What the hell Emporio? Why stop there car in the middle of the road?

Emporio: I-I'm not! Somethings wrong with the car, I'm stepping the gas pedal and it doesn't drive!

(YN): What is it?

Emporio: Don't know, but it's stalling!

Suddenly, Jolyne takes a look outside...and then see see other cars suddenly driving backwards...but it doesn't seem like it, the drivers inside seem to be panicking, like if they aren't moving the car at all...also, she notices birds falling backwards?? Trees as well, and several boulders falling backwards as well...

Jolyne: The fuck?! What is going on-

(YN): Look!

Up on the road, they see the road to then destroy, and lord of people to fall towards them, as if they were falling horizontally, cars as well...

Anastasia: No way!! What the living hell!?!

Ermes: The vehicles! What is this!?

Jolyne: Was there an explosion that happen?!

(YN): Emporio hit the gear now!!

Emporio: I-I'm trying! I can't, it's not moving at all, I think the road is collapsing!

Jolyne: No, it's not that! Nothing is wrong! The guardrails still standing and no wind are blowing the trees!

Ermes: G-Guy!!

They all notices Ermes floating suddenly, and to then hang onto the car at the back of the window...

Ermes: S-Some crazy shit is happening! I-I feel like if I'm about to fall! We need to get out of this car now! We have to bail! We aren't falling down, we're falling backwards somehow!

Anastasia: Falling backwards?! ...Guess that explains everything else falling backwards too! It's more like if this road is some cliff!

(YN): It's more than that! Look around! It's like if the tectonic plates flipped! Instead falling to the ground, we are falling horizontal, or like Ermes says, backwards! And this could mean...my dad's gotten a new ability?!

Jolyne: Thats impossible, the new Moon hasn't even arrive yet though!

Ermes: Well whatever is going on, the force is getting stronger, and starting to fall sideways! Hurry and bail before the car flips! Bail now!!

Everyone gets our do the car and to fall, for who knows how long, Anastasia grabs a hold onto Emporio as (YN) grabs a hold onto Jolyne. Anastasia uses Diver Down's arm to inject to the wall and hang on as (YN) uses Fulgore's blades to stab through the wall and hang on, as Jolyne reach her hand to grab Ermes...a boulder then hits her, and to send her falling straight down...

(YN): No!!!

Jolyne: Ermes!!!! Stone Free!!

Jolyne uses Stone Free's threads to expand and to try catching Ermes wherever she's falling...

Jolyne: C-Come on Ermes! Wherever you are, grab on!!

(YN): Jolyne, we need to move now! We're gonna skip if we keep a hood onto, she'll catch up to us, I know her!