Chapter 7

The next morning, The Great One woke up and noticed the storm had stopped. He sat up trying not to wake Aiden. He looked at Aiden shocked that he had stayed there. He sighed. Aiden then began moving then he woke up too. "Hey Aiden." The Great One says. Aiden looked at him. "Oh, morning Great One." He says. "Hey, why did you come in here last night?" The Great One asks. "Sorry. I just got scared of the thunderstorm. I hate loud noises. I should be used to it since it storms all the time here but I still don't like loud noises so I don't sleep by myself very much." Aiden says. The Great One nods. "I understand." He says. Aiden looks at him and smiles. "Oh! Shoot. I forgot we were leaving today." He says getting up. The Great One followed him.

Twisted Rainbow and Hypno Steve were already up. Aiden ran into the room. The Great One walked in too. Lucian was on the couch. "Oh morning guys." He says. "Morning Lucian." The Great One says, "Seen Sam this morning?" "No. He probably is out doing stuff." Lucian says. "Well, at least I get more time here." Aiden says. Lucian chuckles. "Yeah. At least until Sam comes back." He says. Aiden nods and went outside. "Great One, are you still going to go out to fight The First Curse today?" Twisted Rainbow asks. "Yes. I'm not going to stand by to watch chaos happen. But I just don't know where he would be." The Great One says. Lucian stands up. "Perhaps he could be hiding out somewhere. I don't know where he would be but it's possible." He says. "Is there a way we can find him?" Hypno asks. "I don't know. We might need to-" The Great One all of a sudden exclaims in pain. They all look at him. "Uhh, Great One? Are you Okay?" Twisted Rainbow asks. The Great One looks at his back and he winces in pain again. "I need to step away for a moment." The Great One says. "Is there anything I can do, Great One?" Lucian asks. The Great One shakes his head. He ran out of the room.

The Great One quickly rushes into another room and almost collapsed. He walks over to a table and there was a mirror in front of it. He hunches over near the desk in pain. He breathes heavily. The Great One looked at his reflection. The pain was coming from his back and he didn't know why. The pain felt like he had been stabbed. He growled in pain. While he usually could take pain like this, he couldn't handle the pain he was feeling right now. The Great One sat down on the bed in there and tried to figure out where the pain was coming from. He didn't understand. He sighed and lied down trying to stop the pain but it wouldn't stop at all. But then he gasped and sat up very quickly. He looked at his back then his eyes widened. "What? How is this possible? After all this time?" He says. The Great One winced again and hid his face in his hands shaking from the pain. He just wanted the pain to stop. "Great One!" Someone shouts. He looks up. "Aiden?" He says. Aiden then entered the room. He walked over to The Great One and sat next to him. "Are you okay? Lucian said you were having back pain. What's going on?" Aiden asks. The Great One sighs. "I- I can't explain it right now. Not until it's done at least. Which won't be for a while." He says. "Until what's done?" Aiden asks. "I can't explain it right now Aiden. It'll be noticeable soon but I just can't explain it right now." The Great One says. Aiden stares at him sadly. "I was just hoping I could help." He says. "It's natural pain Aiden. From what I know. It'll go away on it's own soon. It's rare but darkness creatures well, they experience pain like this when they haven't fully evolved yet. Seems this will be my last one." The Great One says. "So you won't experience anymore pain after this." Aiden says. The Great One nods. "Well, good." Aiden says. "Aiden! Sam's here!" Lucian shouts from downstairs. "Oh. I got to leave now." Aiden says. He hops down and leaves the room. The Great One followed him trying not to care about his back pain right now.

Sam was downstairs with the other two steves who had come with him. Assistant Steve was now sitting against a wall too. Aiden walked over to Sam. "It was good seeing you buddy." Lucian says. "Good seeing you too." Sam says. They hug. "You'll make sure to stay safe, right?" Lucian asks. "Of course. You will too, right?" Sam asks. Lucian nods. "Good." Sam says. Aiden smiled. "Alright, come on you three." Sam says. "W-wait!" Aiden says. "What's wrong Aiden?" Lucian asks. Aiden looks at The Great One. But then he rushes over and hugs him. The Great One gasps surprised by this. Everyone else stared at them sort of shocked. "Thank you." Aiden says. He let go of The Great One and walked back over to the others. They then leave. The Great One was still surprised by what happened. Twisted Rainbow and Hypno looked at him. "What was that all about?" Hypno asks. The Great One stares at his hands. "I'll explain later." He says. Then he walks away. Twisted Rainbow looks at Hypno and shrugs.

The Great One sat down on a counter and groaned in pain from his back. Lucian walked into the room. "Great One, are you sure you don't want me to help you with your back pain?" He asks. "No. Because I know what it is. I just can't explain it right now." The Great One says. Lucian sighs. "Well at least take some pain reliever." He says handing The Great One a small container. The Great One sighs. "Alright. Thanks." He says. He opens the container and takes some of the pain reliever. "Feel better?" Lucian asks. "A little bit." The Great One says. Lucian sighs. The Great One walks over to a mirror and looks at himself again. He sighed. "Hopefully this goes by fast." He says.