Chapter 60 (Finale +Epilogues)

Three days later...
Shadow was lying on a bed in the house they were all staying at in the village. Shadow groaned slightly and woke up. All his wounds were gone. Shadow looked up confused. He slowly sat up and looked at his hands. He gasped. There were some scars on his palms. Shadow sighed. He stood up and decided to go see his friends. Hoping they were all downstairs. Shadow walked downstairs. M, Twisted Rainbow, Hypno, Assistant and The Great One were there. Shadow stood at the top of the stairs. The Great One then looked up and noticed him. He gasped. "Shadow!" He shouts. The others turned to look at him. "Shadow! You're awake!" Twisted Rainbow exclaims. M quickly rushed up the stairs and hugged Shadow. Shadow smiled and hugged back. The Great One looked relieved. So did everyone else. M let go and looked at Shadow. Shadow smiled. Then they all heard the door open. They all looked over. Sam then entered the house. "Hey guys." He says. "Hey Sam." Shadow says. Sam looked up at Shadow. "Shadow! Thank God Steve you're awake!" He exclaims. Shadow smiled. He came down the stairs. M followed. "How long was I out for?" Shadow asks. "Uhh, for three days Shadow." Hypno says. "Three days?" Shadow asks. "A-Anyway, I have things to give you all." Sam says. He then reached into his bag and pulled out six medals. He walked over and put four of the metals on Twisted Rainbow, Hypno, Assistant and The Great One. Sam stepped back. "Those medals are a thank you for everything you all have done. You all saved us from The First Curse and we are all grateful." He says. He then turns to Shadow and M. He walked over and put two other medals around their necks. Shadow and M looked at the medals and gasped. The pendants were ladybugs. Sam smiled. "We thought we would custom make those to live up to your name. Ladybug Duo." He says. Shadow and M looked at each other smiling then they hugged. Sam smiled. "Thank you all so much for helping us all." He says. He bows his head respectfully and left the house.

Later on, Shadow was sitting on a bench outside looking at the field. He still had his ladybug medal on. The Great One then walked down to the field and noticed him. "Shadow?" He says. Shadow looks at him. "Oh, hey Great One." He says. The Great One walks over to the bench and sat down next to Shadow. "You doing alright?" He asks. "I'm fine. I just needed to come down here to think about some things." Shadow says. The Great One nods. They both fell silent for a moment. The Great One looks at him. "You really did do a great deed saving this world from The First Curse." He says. Shadow nods. "I'm glad I wasn't alone though." He says. The Great One nods. "Did The First Curse leave any scars on you?" Shadow asks. The Great One sighs and nods then he reveals a scar on his wing. "After we were all almost killed, The First Curse left behind permanent scars on all of us." The Great One says. Shadow sighs. "He left behind some on my hands." He says showing his palms. The Great One sighs. "Well, at least he's gone now." He says. Shadow nods. "So, how are you holding up after..." He trails off. The Great One gasps. "Aiden." He says sadly. "I know. I'm sorry." Shadow says. The Great One sighs. "Well, I didn't know him for very long but, he was pretty brave to come into the battle and try to fight." He says. Shadow nods. "Well, I have a question for you. When you knew Aiden, how did you feel about the boy?" He asks. The Great One turned away to think about that for a moment. "Well, it felt a bit strange to have a friend for once. Usually people are scared of me but he wasn't." He says. "That's what happened to me. With the Yellow Steves. Aiden must have been trying to guide you in a way and try to show you that, there is good in the world. He must have been trying to show you that by not fearing you and treating you with respect just like how the Yellow Steves did to me." The Great One put his head down. Shadow put his hand on his shoulder. "Sometimes you just need some guidance to show you." He says. The Great One looked at him shocked. "Maybe." He says. Shadow nods. The Great One sighs. "I just hope everyone who did suffer from The First Curse may rest in peace. Especially Aiden." Shadow says. The Great One looks away from Shadow because tears were starting to form in his eyes. He quickly brushed them away. "I regret everything I did in the past. I wish I could take it all back but we can't change the past." The Great One says. "You can only make the future brighter." Shadow says. The Great One nods. "I'm sorry for what I did to you before Shadow. I should've been a better father to you." He says. Shadow gasps and looks at him. "Father?" He says quietly. The Great One sighs. But then he gasps. He looks over and notices Shadow was hugging him. The Great One stared at him shocked. He looked around the area first before returning the hug. Shadow actually saw The Great One as his father despite on how torturous he was before and while the two weren't on good terms before then, The Great One did care about Shadow and he was finally showing that. Shadow smiled knowing that The Great One did care about him and could now finally be his father.