Chapter 28

Twisted Rainbow came downstairs. The Great One was sitting on the couch. Aiden was in his lap. The Great One looked up at Twisted Rainbow. "Great One, you alright?" Twisted Rainbow asks. The Great One moves a bit. "I'm fine." He says. Hypno came over and sat on the arm of the couch. But then, The Great One gasps. "Great One, what is it?" Aiden asks. But then The Great One looked serious. "Something isn't right. I can tell." He says. He takes Aiden off his lap and stood up. He groans in pain but still stood up. "Great One, you shouldn't be walking right now." Hypno says. Assistant Steve was up against the wall. He was staring at The Great One. The Great One looked outside the window. He sighed. But then he looked up and saw something. "What was that?" He says. Twisted Rainbow ran over. He saw it too. "I don't know. It looks like it's near the warehouse." He says. "It looked like a flare." The Great One said. "May be The First Curse trying to trick us." Hypno says. "I don't know." Twisted Rainbow says. The Great One sighed. He seemed to be recovering after almost dying. But then all of a sudden, the ground shook. "The hell was that?" Hypno says getting up. They all rush outside. But they didn't see anything. "I think The First Curse is trying to attack the village." Twisted Rainbow says. Another tremor shakes the ground. "We got to go back to the warehouse." Twisted Rainbow says. "What? The Great One almost died when we went back there. There's no way we can go back." Hypno says. Twisted Rainbow looked at him. "Fine. I'll go myself then." He says. The Great One facepalms. "We'll head back." He says. Hypno sighs. "Fine." He says. Aiden gasped. He grabbed The Great One's hand. "You cant go!" He exclaimed. The Great One looked at him. "Aiden, I'll be fine. Trust me." He says. "But- But you almost died!" Aiden exclaims hugging The Great One's leg. The Great One looks down at him. He sighs. "Aiden, I promise I'll be fine." He says. "You promised you wouldn't get hurt before but you did!" Aiden exclaims not letting go of The Great One. The Great One sighs and moves Aiden off his leg. He knelt down in front of Aiden. The Great One then made a black ribbon with his powers and tied it around Aiden's neck. Aiden looked at the ribbon and back at The Great One. The Great One reaches out to take Aiden's hand. "I promise that we will come back here alright." He says. Aiden sighs and takes his hand. But then, he hugs The Great One. "Promise." He says. The Great One smiled slightly and hugged him back. After a moment, they broke apart. The Great One stood up. "Stay safe Little Red." He says. Aiden chuckles and nods. He ran off. The Great One sighs. "I hope I can keep this promise." He says to Twisted Rainbow and Hypno. They nod. Assistant Steve just looked down. The Great One sighs. "Come on." He says. They all walk off.

They made it back to the warehouse. The Great One sighed. "Let's hope we can figure out the source of those noises." He says. Twisted Rainbow and Hypno nod. But then the ground shook again. But then all of a sudden, something hit the ground in front of them knocking them all back. They looked up at the roof. "The First Curse is up there!" Hypno exclaims. They all quickly get on the roof.

The First Curse was pacing. Twisted Rainbow, Hypno, The Great One and Assistant Steve got onto the roof. "First Curse!" Twisted Rainbow shouts. The First Curse looked at them smiling. "Welcome back Last Ones." He says. The Great One growled at him. He ran towards him. "Great One! Wait!" Hypno shouts. But then, The First Curse pushes The Great One back. The Great One hit the ground groaning. The First Curse growled. "Enough!" He exclaims. "Uh oh." Hypno says.