Chapter 32

Updates may be pretty slow for the next few chapters. I'll try to get them out ASAP but a lot will be delayed.

TW: Mentions of self harm and suicide.

Shadow woke up the next morning. He gasped when he saw he was on the couch. He sat up and threw the blanket off of him. He slowly stood up. His head hurt a lot from crying so much yesterday. Shadow walked into the bathroom to look at himself. He coughed slightly. His head hurt terribly. Shadow turned on the sink and quickly washed his face with the water. He didn't want anyone else knowing what had happened. Especially since he usually doesn't cry. He sighed and left the room.

Shadow walked back into the living room but then he saw that the front door was open. "Huh?" He says. He walks over to the door and looks outside. He walked outside and went over to a Yellow Steve. "Hey. Did anyone walk out of our house?" Shadow asks him. "Yes." The Yellow Steve said. "Who?" Shadow asks. "A rainbow steve wearing armor walked outside." The Yellow Steve said. Shadow gasped. "Oh no." He says. He looked around for a moment. "Which way did he go?" Shadow asks the Yellow Steve. The Yellow Steve pointed to the direction of the warehouse. Shadow gasped. "Twisted Rainbow!" He shouts. He began running to the warehouse.

Shadow then made it. "Twisted Rainbow!" He shouts. Twisted Rainbow was on the roof. He gasped when he heard Shadow calling for him. "Shadow?" He said. Shadow looked up. He quickly ran behind the warehouse to climb up the ladder. There was a ladder at the back of the warehouse that they could climb up to get to the roof. Twisted Rainbow was sitting at the edge of the warehouse. Shadow ran over to him. "Twisted! What are you doing here?" He asks. "I was hoping I could find Sabre or The First Curse but they aren't here." Twisted Rainbow says. Shadow sighs and sat next to him. He looked really upset after last night. Twisted Rainbow looked at him. "What's wrong?" He asks. Shadow sighs. "Sorry. It's just me and The Great One had an argument last night." He says. Twisted Rainbow stared at him. "What happened?" He asks. "We got into an argument about what happened in the old world. He wanted to go fight Sabre himself without me since he said I'd be a distraction." Shadow says. "Oh." Twisted Rainbow says. They both fell silent for a moment. "Shadow, you never told me your history with him." Twisted Rainbow says. Shadow gasped. He looked down. "You don't have to tell me about it. I was just curious." Twisted Rainbow says. Shadow sighs. "I'll tell you." He says. Twisted Rainbow looked at him. Shadow sighs. "I was one of the first creations of The Great One. Right when I was created though, The Great One immediately disliked me. Because I was different. I didn't even know why. But now I do since I know what I look like. Anyway, since The Great One didn't like me, he would get very angry at me if I made a mistake or failed to do something. He actually gets angry at any darkness member but he got angry at me the most. We would fight all the time and he would punish me in very cruel ways if I messed anything up. He kept beating me and forcing other darkness members to attack me. Technically, I was the odd one out. In fact, no one else liked me either. Which is why I'm not used to being liked by others. I couldn't deal with The Great One's punishments anymore by the time his army had gotten much bigger. So I just cut myself anytime I messed anything up so I wouldn't have to deal with it anymore. I don't know if he knew what I had been doing at all but still. I doubt he cared anyway if he did. I was pretty close to killing myself so I wouldn't have to deal with the pain anymore but then I had got an idea. I hid myself for good with that armor and gathered up some of the darkness members to march forth on the red kingdom and destroy it. The Great One was finally proud when I did that and that's why he gave me the title of elite and... You know the rest." He explained. Twisted Rainbow looked shocked. "I can't believe that happened to you..." He said. Shadow chuckled. "It's not all bad anymore." He says. Twisted Rainbow grabbed Shadow's arm. "Then what's this?" He asks. He rolls up Shadow's sleeve and there were several cuts on his arm. Shadow pulled his arm away. "You still cut yourself, don't you?" Twisted Rainbow asks. Shadow looked down. "Yeah..." He says. Twisted Rainbow sighs. "That explains that knife in the bathroom." He says. Shadow stared at the ground. Twisted Rainbow sighed. "Look Shadow, I'm sorry that happened to you and I'm sorry about everything I did too. Honestly, if we want to stay as a team and continue working together, we have to forget about the past. Leave it behind us and just focus on the present." He says. Shadow nods. "Agreed." He says. But then he gasped. Twisted Rainbow looked at him. "Something's wrong." Shadow says. He stood up and got off the roof. Twisted Rainbow followed.

They both entered the warehouse. Shadow was sensing something. They both began walking to another part of the warehouse. But then they saw a hole in the ground. "Huh?" Shadow says. He and Twisted Rainbow looked at each other confused. "Where does this lead?" Twisted Rainbow asks. Shadow shrugs. They both jumped down the hole and landed in a coridor. "Huh?" Shadow says. Twisted Rainbow noticed something at the end of the coridor. They both walked down there but then they both gasped. There was a bunch of stuff in there. Shadow then looked over and gasped in shock. He slowly walked over and picked something up. Twisted Rainbow looked at him. Shadow then picked up his helmet of the armor he used to wear all the time. Twisted Rainbow walked over. He gasped. "Is that your helmet?" He asks. Shadow stared at the helmet sadly. "Yeah... But how did it get here? Wouldn't it have been destroyed with the other world?" He asks. Twisted Rainbow shrugs. "I don't know." He says. Shadow stared at the helmet sadly. "I wasn't expecting to see this again." He says sadly. Twisted Rainbow sighed. He looked around the room. "Actually, there's a bunch of stuff down here." He says. Shadow looked around. All the stuff down there was stuff from the other world. "How did all of this get down here?" Shadow asks. Twisted Rainbow shrugged. "We better go before anyone gets worried." He says. Shadow nods. He looks at his helmet. "I'm going to take this with me." He says. Twisted Rainbow nods. They both quickly ran out of the room.

When they came back to the hole, they looked up. "How do we get back up?" Shadow asks. "We can't teleport since that's been drained. But maybe we can lift each other up." Twisted Rainbow says. "Okay. I'll lift you up then you pull me up there." Shadow says. Twisted Rainbow nods. Shadow grabbed Twisted Rainbow and lifted him up over the hole. Twisted Rainbow reached down to lift Shadow up. Shadow groaned in pain from his hip. Twisted Rainbow lifted him up. "Alright. Let's go." He says. Shadow nods. They both ran out of the warehouse.

But as they were running, they heard something at the top of the warehouse. "What was that?" Shadow asks. They both went to the ladder. But right when they got back up, they gasped. The First Curse was there. Shadow looked at him angrily. The First Curse ran over and attacked them. The First Curse grabbed Shadow and began punching him in the face. Twisted Rainbow ran over and grabbed The First Curse pulling him off of Shadow. But then, The First Curse grabbed Twisted Rainbow by the neck holding him against the wall. Shadow Sabre gasps. "You hate him, don't you?" The First Curse asks. Shadow Sabre stared at them both. Then he started thinking. He didn't hate Twisted Rainbow anymore. While he didn't call him his friend, he still didn't want him to die at all. Twisted Rainbow had fought beside him and helped him in many ways. They were at least allies. "Shadow! I know you still hate me but... You helped me and I helped you!" Twisted Rainbow exclaims. "Shut your mouth!" The First Curse exclaims. Twisted Rainbow struggled against The First Curse's grasp. The First Curse chuckled. Shadow thought about the past for a moment. How much he hated Twisted Rainbow. How much he wanted to fight him. But by the end of it all, nobody ever won the war. There was no winner. Shadow still didn't really like Twisted Rainbow but there was no point in hating him anymore. Shadow forgave him and Twisted Rainbow helped them all. Shadow didn't like Twisted Rainbow but he couldn't let him die. Then Shadow said, "No." "What?" The First Curse says. "I don't hate him. Not anymore at least." Shadow Sabre says. Twisted Rainbow stared at him shocked. "I know. There's still a little part of me who does make what he did a big deal but I forgave him after what he did for all of us." Shadow Sabre says. The First Curse looks at him angrily. "Put him down." Shadow Sabre says. The First Curse looks at Twisted Rainbow and finally lets him go. Twisted Rainbow fell to the ground coughing. The First Curse looked at Shadow and shook his head before leaving. Shadow sighed and looked at Twisted Rainbow. Twisted Rainbow stood up. "Come on. We got to go." Shadow says. Twisted Rainbow nods.

The two quickly run back to the village. After they make it there, they stop to catch their breaths. "Okay, that was close." Shadow says. Twisted Rainbow nods. "I think we should wait before going by ourselves next time." Shadow says, "Are you okay Twis-" Twisted Rainbow all of a sudden hugs Shadow. Shadow gasps and froze. He was not expecting this. "Thank you." Twisted Rainbow said.  Shadow hesitantly hugged him back. "Yea, um you're welcome." Shadow replies awkwardly. Twisted Rainbow pulled away. He smiled at Shadow before walking off. Shadow was just shocked that Twisted Rainbow hugged him. He shook the thought from his mind and walked off to find the others.