Chapter 57

M got back up on the roof. He set Shadow down on the ground. Shadow was unconscious. M looked at him worriedly. He looked around for the others. The Great One, Twisted Rainbow, Hypno, Blue and Assistant were all gone. M looked worried. He ran back over to Shadow and knelt down next to him. M quickly wrapped a bandage around Shadow's neck. Shadow still wouldnt wake up though. M stared at him worriedly. He hugged Shadow. He didn't let go. M started crying. He held Shadow close, sobbing into his hoodie. He had no idea what to do. M pressed his forehead against Shadow's forehead. He rubbed his hand up and down Shadow’s arm. He couldn't bear the thought of never being able to see Shadow again. He'd just found him again and losing Shadow was too hard to think about for him. M kept crying. Shadow then moved his arm slightly. He groaned and wrapped his arm around M's back. M gasped. Shadow gasped and looked up at M. M quickly hugged Shadow tightly. Shadow hugs him back. He held onto M tight as he sobbed in relief. Shadow rubbed his back. "M, it's okay. I'm alright. Just calm down." He says. M didn't let go. He slowly stopped crying. He pulled away from Shadow. He got up and helped Shadow up. Shadow looked around. "Wait. Where are the others?" He asks. M shrugs. Shadow thought for a moment. He took out the glass pane and looked through it. There were arrows pointing somewhere. "Let's hope this leads us to them." Shadow says. M nods. They follow the arrows.

Shadow and M reentered the warehouse. The place was a mess though. Shadow gasped. M looked around confused. "What even happened?" Shadow asks. M shrugs. Shadow sighs. "Forget it. Let's just try and find the others." He says. M nods. They continue following the arrows the glass pane was showing.

Shadow and M began walking down one of the hallways. "I really hope we don't run into a dead end and we can't find the others." Shadow says. M nods. But then they heard footsteps behind them. Shadow and M gasped. They both turned around. Sabre walked out from behind the corner. He was holding his sword. He was shaking a lot and looked absolutely terrified. Shadow and M glared at him. "What do you want now, Sabre?" Shadow asks. Sabre just stared at them. He looked down worriedly. Then he dropped his sword. Shadow looks at him confused. He walks over to him. "Sabre, what's wrong?" He asks. Sabre looks at him sadly. He didn't say anything. "Sabre, why aren't you saying anything?" Shadow asks. Sabre looks down for a moment then he looks at Shadow and points to his mouth. Shadow gasps. Sabre's tongue had been ripped out. M walked over and stared at Sabre shocked. He signed, "What happened?" Sabre looks down. He can't say anything. Shadow looks at the glass pane. He noticed a message below Sabre. Shadow looked at it. "He was never trustworthy." Shadow looked at Sabre confused. Sabre stared at the ground sadly. "Is 'he' The First Curse?" Shadow asks. Sabre looks at him. He nods. Shadow stared at him. "I thought The First Curse wanted to help you." He says. Sabre shakes his head. Shadow stared at him. M looked confused and shocked. Shadow looked at Sabre through the glass pane. He gasped. Sabre had a halo and devil horns over his head. Shadow puts the glass pane down. Sabre sighed. "What has The First Curse done to you?" Shadow asks. Sabre looks at him sadly. He signs something. M gasps. Shadow looks at him. "What?" He asks. M signs what Sabre said. "The First Curse tortures me anytime I mess up. The last punishment he gave me was tearing out my tongue." Shadow looked at Sabre shocked. Sabre stared at the ground sadly. Shadow touched his shoulder. Sabre looked at him shocked. Shadow let go of his shoulder. He sighed and looked at M. M stared at him. He sighed and nodded. Shadow sighs. "You hate him, don't you?" He asks Sabre. Sabre looks down and nods. "But you also hate us." Shadow says. Sabre didn't do anything when he said that. Shadow sighs. "Well, just keep yourself safe Sabre." He says. He walks over to M. They were about to walk away but Sabre ran over and stopped them. Shadow and M look at him confused. Sabre froze for a moment. He sighed and signed something. "This is the only time I will do this. But I know where The Great One, Twisted and Hypno are. I'll help you find them." Shadow stares at him. "Where's Assistant?" He asks. Sabre signed. "I teleported him and Blue to Sam." Shadow sighs of relief. "Alright. Show us where they are then." He says. Sabre nods. He walks past them and beckons them to follow. Shadow and M followed him.