Chapter 21

Shadow then finally woke up. M was lying next to him. They both had been moved to another part of the forest. Shadow noticed that he had vines covering his arm where the arrow had hit him. Shadow's scarf was also gone. He looked around confused. "What happened?" He said. M then also woke up. He sat up. M also had vines wrapping around his arm. "M, are you okay?" Shadow asks. M nods. Shadow sighs of relief. But then they hear rustling. Shadow looked over. Someone gasped and hid behind one of the trees. The Yellow Steve was back. He was hiding behind the tree from Shadow and M. Shadow stood up. He walked closer to the tree. "Hello?" Shadow says. The Yellow Steve hesitantly looked at Shadow. "It's okay. We aren't going to hurt you." Shadow says. The Yellow Steve didn't move. He was wearing a leaf crown on his head. M walked over too. The Yellow Steve looked at him. Shadow then gasped and remembered something. "W-Who are you two?" He asks. "I'm Shadow and this is M." Shadow says. M nods. "I found you guys near the path in the forest." The Yellow Steve says. "What are you doing out here?" Shadow says. The Yellow Steve sighs. "I live out here. I'm the last Steve here." He says. Shadow and M gasp. The Yellow Steve puts his head down. "Those people who shot you. They're looking for me. They killed my family and I was left to fend for myself. So I ran away into the forest. It's larger than I thought. But the hunters who killed my family found out I was alive and are hunting for me. But I know my ways around luckily." He says. Shadow and M looked at each other shocked. "My name is Sonny." The Yellow Steve said. "I'm so sorry that happened to you Sonny." Shadow says. "It's alright. It was years ago." Sonny says. M puts his head down. "I wrapped your guy's wounds up. You were out for a couple days and I was worried you wouldn't wake up." Sonny says. Shadow looked at him. "Thanks." He says. M nods. Sonny smiles. "Where's my scarf?" Shadow asks. "Oh! I forgot I took it off you. Here it is." Sonny says giving it back. "Oh. Thank you." Shadow says. He puts the scarf back on. "So how long have you been out here?" He asks Sonny. "Quite a while." Sonny says.

Sonny walks over to where Shadow and M were lying. He had hidden some stuff in the log that was next to them. He took out some berries and gave them to Shadow and M. "You should eat something." Sonny says. "Thanks." Shadow says. M nods. Sonny smiles. Shadow and M sat down near the log. Sonny sat down next to them. Shadow ate some of the berries. M ate too. Sonny looked at them. "So, where did you two come from?" He asks. Shadow looked at him. "From another world in the multiverse. We're actually trying to get back to our own world because The First Curse is there attacking that world and if we don't get there in time, then it will be destroyed." He says. Sonny stared at him shocked. "Did you say... The First Curse?" He asks. "You know him?" Shadow asks. "Yeah! He was the one who sent those hunters to kill my family! He also attacked as well. But for some reason, he couldn't destroy this world. He tried but he couldn't. I don't know why. He's gone now but he still has people looking for me." Sonny explained. "Oh jeez." Shadow says.  He and M looked at each other. "We need to get back to our world and stop The First Curse." Shadow says. M nods. Sonny sighs. "Well, I read something before that if someone tries to open a portal here, then the energy would most likely kill them. But there is a certain place here that a portal to the multiverse can be opened. But it's really far from here and I would teleport you both but it's not really safe to use any powers here and the lighting might attract the hunters." He says. "Good point. But do you know the way there?" Shadow asks. Sonny nods. "Well, you're going to have to take us there." Shadow says. Sonny sighs. "Alright. But it may take a while to get there so if we're going to go, we need to get going." He says. Shadow and M nod. "Let's go then." Shadow says. Sonny nods. They all stand up and Shadow and M follow Sonny.