Chapter 40

Shadow went downstairs. Lucian, Twisted Rainbow, Hypno, M and The Great One were all there. Shadow tried not to look at The Great One. He sighed and sat down next to M on the couch. M looked at him. He signed asking if he was okay. Shadow looks at him. "I'm fine M." He says. Lucian peers over the couch. "You don't seem fine Shadow." He says, "Did something happen?" Shadow shakes his head. He didn’t want to explain anything. M hugs Shadow. Shadow looks at him sadly. M wished he could speak in this moment so he can try and help Shadow. So he kept hugging Shadow. The Great One sat against the wall. He knew why Shadow was upset but he didn't want to upset him more. Twisted Rainbow walked over to Shadow. "Is everything alright, Shadow?" He asks him. Shadow doesn’t respond. The Great One sighs and stands up. "We have no time to lose. We got to go find them." He says. Lucian sighs. "The Great One's right. We better go now." He says. Shadow nods. "Right." He says. He stood up. M sighed and stood up too. Lucian walked over to the door. "Come on." He says to them. They all follow him.

They all quickly head to the warehouse. They enter and look around. "Everyone split up. Meet back here soon." Lucian says. Everyone nodded. They all went different directions. Shadow looked around worried. "Sonny! Aiden!" He calls. No answer. "Damn it. I need to find them." Shadow says. He sighed and kept looking around. "Calm down Shadow. Sonny is very good with directions. They should be fine. I hope." He says to himself. He kept looking around worried. Suddenly, he heard something that sounded like a whisper. Shadow gasped and looked over. Nothing was there though. He sighed. He continued walking around but then he turned a corner and saw something. He gasped. Something looked at Shadow and quickly ran down a hallway. "Hey! Get back here!" Shadow shouts. He follows. When Shadow turns the corner, he sees a person running away from him. Shadow ran after him. The person kept running. Shadow growled and jumped on the person. He pinned them to the ground. The person struggled under him. "Let me go!" They shouted. Shadow gasped. "Sam?!" He exclaimed. Sam looked at him. "Shadow?" He says. Shadow stood up. Sam got up. "You're alive?" Shadow asks. Sam nods. "Did you escape the fire?" Shadow asks. Sam nods again. "I did with Blue." He says. "Blue?" Shadow says. "A robot I built. I lost her on our way here though." Sam says. "We lost Assistant when we got back from the other village. Sonny and Aiden are also gone. Have you seen them?" Shadow asks. Sam shakes his head. Shadow sighs. "Well, will you help us find them?" He asks. Sam nods. "Where are the other Last Ones?" He asks. "They're here at the warehouse too." Shadow says. Sam sighs. "Well, I think I know where Sonny, Aiden, Blue and Assistant are. We need to get the others though." He says. Shadow nods. They ran off to find the others.