Chapter 41

Sonny was trying to get the cage open. But the bars were too strong. Aiden sat there, shaking in fear. Sonny grunted. "Come on. Come on!" He exclaims trying to pull the bars open. But then, he cried out in pain and backed away. Aiden looked up. "Sonny! Are you okay?" He asks. Sonny rubs his hand. "I'm fine. The bars have something on them." He says. Aiden looks down. "We got to find a way out of here." He says. Sonny nods. "I don't know how though." He says. Aiden stares at the ground. Sonny sighs and looks outside the cage. But then he noticed something. It was Sabre's time sword. Sonny gasped. Aiden looked up. "What is it?" He asks. Sonny didn't respond. He reached through the bars to try and grab the sword. "Hey!! Sonny stop that!" Aiden exclaims pulling him back. "You can barely reach it!" Sonny doesn't listen. He pushes Aiden away and kept reaching for the sword. After a minute of struggling, he eventually managed to get ahold of the sword. He pulled it through the bars and looked at it. There was dried blood stuck on the sword. Sonny sighed. "Maybe this could help." He says. Aiden nodded. Sonny looks at their arms. He tried to cut the chains but they were too strong. "Damn it!" He shouts. "What do we do?" Aiden asks. Sonny looks over at the chains attached to the wall. "Maybe I could pull them out somehow." He says. He crawls over and puts the sword behind the nail attaching the chains to the wall. He began pushing the nail out. The sword cracked a bit but didn't break. Eventually, the nail popped off and fell to the ground. Sonny sighed of relief. "Now yours." He says. He crawled over and put the sword behind the nail and began pushing it out again. After a moment, it also popped off. Aiden looked relieved. "We'll get these off later." Sonny says. He crawled over to the bars. Aiden followed. Sonny put the sword's blade against the bars and began cutting them. The sword made an eerie screeching sound as it cut the metal bars. Sonny winced in pain and stopped. Aiden looked at him. "What's wrong?" He asks. "That noise hurts my ears." Sonny says. Aiden thought for a moment then he remembered something and got an idea. He crawls over and covers Sonny's ears. Sonny gasped. Aiden smiled at him. Sonny smiled back. He continued sawing through the bars. For a moment, the sword barely made a cut on the bars but it eventually started breaking through. A few minutes later, the bar broke. Sonny put the sword down and pushed at the cage bars. The cage finally broke. Sonny sighed of relief. "Finally." He says. He grabbed the sword and stood up. Aiden followed. "Thank God Steve." Sonny says. Aiden looks at him. Then he ran over and hugged him. Sonny gasped. Aiden didn't let go. "Aiden? What are you doing?" Sonny asks.  Aiden lets go of him. "Sorry. I just... Thanks." He said. "For what?" Sonny asks. Aiden smiles. "For helping me." He says. Sonny stared at him for a moment then smiled. He hugged Aiden back. But then they heard a chuckle. They both gasped and looked over. The First Curse was standing there. "I see you two got out." He says. Sonny stared at him angrily. He held up the time sword. The First Curse looked at it and laughed. "That sword wont do anything to me." He says. Sonny backed away slightly. "Aiden... Run." He says. Aiden shakes his head. "No. I'm not leaving without you." He says. Sonny looks at him. "Aiden. Go now. I can handle this." He says. Aiden shakes his head. "I'm not going." He says. But then, The First Curse summons a chain and throws it around Aiden's neck. Sonny gasped. The First Curse pulls Aiden towards him. The First Curse picks Aiden up. "Aiden!" Sonny shouts. The First Curse was about to grab Sonny too but Sonny dodged. Aiden looks at Sonny. "SONNY RUN!" He shouts. "No!" Sonny shouts. The First Curse laughs. "You have a choice to run Sonny or stay and die." He says. Sonny still didn't go. "Sonny! Please!" Aiden shouts. Sonny had tears in his eyes. He grunts and turns around and ran.