Chapter 53

The Great One and The First Curse were still fighting. The First Curse punched The Great One several times in the face. The Great One kicked The First Curse to the ground. The First Curse got back up and attacked him again. The First Curse kicked The Great One in the stomach. The Great One staggered back. He roared and bit The First Curse's shoulder. The First Curse screeched in pain. He punched The Great One away. He grabbed The Great One by his horn and tried to rip it off. The Great One kicked him away. The First Curse stumbled a few steps back and hit the wall. He glared at The Great One. The First Curse ran over and punches The Great One to the ground. The Great One fell back. The First Curse held him down. The First Curse raised a dagger above his head to plunge it into The Great One. The Great One thrashed and spat out some blood.

But before The First Curse could kill The Great One, something hits him in the back. He turns around and notices Aiden was back! He had the slingshot in his hand and had shot The First Curse. "Aiden! What're you doing here?" The Great One asks. "I'm here to save you!" Aiden exclaims. The First Curse laughs. "Like that would stop me!" He exclaims. The Great One punches The First Curse away from him. "Aiden! You need to get yourself out of here!" The Great One exclaims. "What? I can't leave you here without knowing you're safe!" Aiden exclaims. "Why do you even care about me?" The Great One asks. "You're my friend, Great One! Friends don't leave each other behind!" Aiden exclaims. The Great One gasps after hearing that. He had never had a friend before. He sighs. Then he flies down to Aiden. "Aiden, I'll be fine. I just want you to be safe." He says, "I'm going to have to fly you back to the village." Aiden sighs and nods. Aiden gets on The Great One's back and The Great One began flying to try and get Aiden out of there.

"You have wings?" Aiden says. "Yeah, that's what my back pain was." The Great One says. Aiden was amazed by his wings. "I guess that makes sense." He says. The Great One chuckles. "Well, they grew in just in time." He says. Aiden nods. But then, The Great One is hit by something and he ends up falling. "No!" Aiden exclaims.

The Great One crashed into the ground. Aiden hit the ground a bit further from him. He sat up but cried out in pain and grabbed his arm. It was broken. He looked up and saw The Great One. "Oh no. Great One!" He exclaims rushing over to him. The Great One had passed out from the impact. "Great One! Wake up!" Aiden exclaims shaking him. The Great One wouldn't wake up. "Great One..." He says. But then, Aiden hears a laugh from behind him. Aiden turns around and there was The First Curse. "Sorry kid, but you shouldn't have come here." He says. But then, The First Curse raises his sword and hits Aiden in the head cutting open his head and knocking him away. Aiden screams and hits the ground. The First Curse walks over to Aiden. The Great One then finally woke up. He groaned and looked up. He looked around for Aiden. But then he looked over and gasped when he saw him. The First Curse looked at Aiden closely. Aiden lied still. "Aiden!" The Great One shouts. The First Curse laughs. "Should've listened to your so called friend Aiden. Then this wouldn't have happened to you." He says. The Great One stared in shock and surprisingly, in some emotion too. He shook his head trying to deny the emotions he felt and stood back up. All he felt now, was anger. The First Curse looked at him. "Your friend Aiden is dead and there's nothing you can do about it." He says. The Great One roars and charged at The First Curse. The First Curse held up his sword. The Great One quickly knocked the sword out of his hand and attacked The First Curse immediately. The Great One landed several punches at The First Curse before slamming his head against a tree several times. The First Curse had enough and hit The Great One in the stomach knocking him to the ground. "That's enough! I know that you have so much hatred towards me Great One and I understand that. But you can't save this world or any other worlds. You can't save anyone. This fight isn't over yet, Great One." The First Curse says. He then disappears. The Great One sighs and looks at Aiden. Aiden was dead. The Great One knew that. He limps over to him and collapses next to his body. The Great One stared at Aiden for the longest time. He sighed. "I'm sorry Aiden. I wish I could've saved you." He says. The Great One notices Aiden dropped his slingshot so he grabbed it and decided to find the others. He looks back at Aiden. The Great One growls. He grabs Aiden and hugged him close. The Great One was trying to deny all the emotions he was feeling. He just hugged Aiden. He wasn't sure why he did it, but he just did. The Great One stood up holding Aiden. "I'm so sorry, Aiden..." He says. The Great One started flying again. "You were the first friend I ever had, Aiden... You did save me after all and helped me reform... I hope... that you find peace... Wherever you're going now..."