Episode 9 Chapter 12

Cassie was at her desk, tapping her wooden pencil as she tried to figure out what to say for her speech. She figured that she would read a speech at Em's funeral. She thought to herself that if she wrote and read a speech for Em, maybe it would help her let Em go and move on with her life. The problem was, she still wasn't sure if she wanted to let Em go.

Cassie already knew what she wanted to say, but if she did this speech, it would imply that she's moved on from Em's death. And she wasn't.

She wasn't sure how she was gonna live without Em. One day, all the supernatural stuff she was experiencing would be over. Without something to distract her from grieving, she'd breakdown and go back to the state when her mother died.

She didn't want to go back into that state. It was too much for her to deal with. Especially for an eight-year-old.

She was snapped out of her thoughts when her phone started to ring. She jumped at the sudden noise before calming down. She grabbed the phone from her desk and answer the call.

"Hey, Lyds. What's up?"

"I... I think I know where the next body is," she shuttered.

"What do you mean?"

"Just, meet me at the school, okay? I already called Allison."

"Okay. You should probably call Stiles and Scott too if it's another sacrifice."

"Okay, okay. I will. Just meet me here."

"Alright, I'll be there in ten."

--

The three girls waited anxiously at the school, waiting for Scott and Stiles. Suddenly, they heard Scott's motorcycle in the parking lot as well as Stiles' jeep following behind.

"Where is she?" Stiles asked, shutting his car door shut.

"Over here," Cassie and Allison replied in synch.

"Lydia?" he called out as the girls walked over to him.

"It's the same thing. Same thing that happened with the girl in the woods. I got into the car heading somewhere totally different and ended up here. And you told me to call you if there's a dead body," the strawberry blonde ranted.

"You found a dead body?"

"Not yet."

""Not yet"? What do you mean "not yet"? Lydia, you're supposed to call us after you find the dead body."

"Oh no. I'm not doing that again. You find the dead body from now on."

"How are we supposed to find the dead body? You're always the one finding the dead body."

"That is not true! Cassie is also the one always finding the dead body." She winced, realizing what she just said after seeing everybody's faces. She turned to Cassie. "Sorry."

"No problem because you are totally correct on that one," she sighed.

"Guys," Scott said, gaining everybody's attention. "I found the dead body."

--

"Idioms, analogies, metaphors, and similes," Ms. Blake listed. "All tools the writers use to tell their story. Lydia, I wasn't aware you had so many hidden talents."

She scoffed. "You and every guy I've ever dated."

"Oh, um, well, that was an idiom, by the way." She looked away awkwardly before continuing on her lecture. "Idioms are something of a secret to the people who know the language or culture. They're phrases that only make sense if you know key words. Saying "jump the gun" is meaningful only if you know about the starting gun in a race. Or a phrase like "seeing the whole board"."