Episode 3 Chapter 52

Cassie took off the helmet and shook out her curled hair. Melissa had managed re-enroll Cassie into school. She had to use the excuse that Cassie had faked her death - with Cassie's permission - in order for Cassie to get enrolled again. A week later, there she was riding on Scott's bike to school.

"Alright, well, I have to go to the lacrosse field right now, but mom said that you have all your same classes, right?"

"Right. Also, lacrosse?"

Scott nodded. "Yeah, Stiles and I are just going there to see who's trying out this season," he explained. "You'll be fine?"

"Yes, Scott. I'll be fine. Now go."

He smiled softly at her before handing her his helmet and rushing off to the lacrosse field. Cassie turned around to place his helmet on the bike. She started to smile mischievously.

Scott and Stiles had no idea what they would see at the lacrosse field.

--

"Of course, you're still team captain. You got your grades up like coach told you to, right?" Stiles said as both him and Scott walked to the lacrosse field.

"Yeah, but he never told me I was back on the team. He just told me to show up at tryouts today," Scott replied.

"We got bigger things to deal with anyway," he said, shrugging. "Did you tell Argent yet?"

"I texted him, but he didn't get back to me."

Stiles narrowed his eyes at him. "You told him his sister, Kate, came back from the dead over a text?"

Scott sighed. "I didn't have the money to call France."

"Yeah, you think you got money problems? Try paying for an MRI and a visit to Eichen House," Stiles retorted.

"Another notice?"

"Yeah, this one said 'final'," Stiles replied. "Now, what the hell are we doing here anyway? We got like a hundred and seventeen million problems and worrying about our status on the lacrosse team is not one of them."

During Stiles' mini rant, Scott's gaze was turned to the field. His eyes widened with worry when he saw the scene, or scenes, in front of him.

On one end of the field, there was a goalie who kept blocking every single shot that came at him. On the other, there was a player playing offense who didn't miss a single shot.

"It is now." He then nodded his head towards the goalie and offense player.

Scott furrowed his brows when he smelt a familiar scent of vanilla and lavender in the air. He sniffed the air even more, trying to find where the smell was coming from.

"Who the hell is that?" Stiles asked, making Scott come out of his mini trance.

As if right on cue, both the goalie and the offense player took off their helmets. The goalie revealed the face of a fourteen-year-old boy who seemed new to Beacon. On the other hand, the player revealed long, black curls falling out of their helmet.

"Holy shit, you're a girl?" the goalie exclaimed, making Scott's head turn towards them.

The true alpha then tapped Stiles on the arm and nodded his head towards the player. Stiles widened his eyes in shock when he saw the familiar flow of curls down the player's back. Just then, he knew exactly who it was, and so did Scott.

They both ran to where the girl was, them both having mixed feelings about finding out who the 'mystery' player was. Just as they ran up to her, the girl turned around and smiled innocently at them.