Episode 14 Chapter 26

Scott ran through the woods, pushing through bare branches. He stopped and started to scream in terror when he saw two figures run in front of him. The two figures started screaming as well, also startled by Scott's appearance. They stopped screaming when they recognized each other.

"Oh," Stiles simply said, putting his flashlight down.

Once all their pants subsided, Stiles started to speak up again.

"I think we found something."

"So did I."

"Rock, Paper, Scissors to see who goes first?"

Scott nodded. "Best out of three."

--

Stiles ended up winning.

The couple led Scott to an abandoned coyote cave they found while trying to find him. The three went inside the cave with their flashlights pointing in different directions.

"It's a coyote den," Stiles pointed out.

"Werecoyote," Scott corrected.

Stiles walked forward and picked up a blue, puffy jacket. "You see this? This is Malia's. Remember, it's the same one she was wearing in the photo."

Scott spotted a stuffed animal that laid on a rock. He picked the stuffed animal up, showing it the two people before him.

"We shouldn't be in here," Scott said.

"What do you mean?"

"She's not gonna come back now. We just invaded her home," he informed. "Our scent's gonna be everywhere."

"If she's not gonna come back here, where's she gonna go?" Stiles asked.

"I don't know," Scott replied.

"Can you at least track her now? Like, do you have her scent?" Cassie asked.

"Maybe," he answered. "But I'm better at this when I'm a full wolf. And I'm still worried that if I do it, I won't be able to turn back."

Stiles sighed. "The door's still open."

"If I can't get to Derek, we're gonna have to find someone else to help." He turned to Cassie and Stiles. "This is basically a crime scene, right? I think it might be a little out of my boss's league."

"And more in my dad's," Stiles realized.

--

The three anxiously waited for Noah to update them on how things were looking. Noah came up to them after five-to-ten minutes holding a tie-dyed scarf that belonged to Malia.

"You're sure it was her?" the sheriff questioned.

"I looked her right in the eyes. And they glowed just like mine," Scott replied.

"It makes sense, dad."

"But it wasn't a girl. It was a four-legged coyote, right?"

"Well- okay. But yeah, see, that's the point that we don't exactly have figured out yet," Stiles stammered.

"Okay, but if it was a full moon and she did change while her mom was driving, then anything could've happened."

"Horrible things could've happened," Stiles said, adding on to Scott's sentence. "Ripping, shredding, tearing things."

"Which is probably what caused the accident," Scott concluded.

"Think about it dad, alright. They're driving. Malia starts to change. She goes out of control. The mom crashes and everybody dies."