Episode 22 Chapter 39

Noah took out the handcuffs that was hanging on his belt. Void Stiles' eyes flickered over to the metal cuffs before turning back to the sheriff.

"You want to handcuff me?"

Noah began to go down the small steps beneath the door. "If my son in still here, if there's still a part of him standing right here in front of me, then he'll out these on willingly, and he'll come with me because he knows I'm here to protect him from himself and from others."

Void Stiles' eyes pretended to soften as he let fake tears run down his cheeks. He held out his hands, letting Noah put the handcuffs around his wrists. As soon as he did, he looked up at the sheriff with darkened eyes that could kill if they could. Void cocked his head to the side, giving Noah a devilish look.

"You're not my son," he realized.

Void shook his head, pursuing his lips. He separated his wrists, breaking the handcuffs in half. That was the rest of the group's cue to come inside. Once he saw the rest come in, he began to chuckle in amusement.

He turned his head to Allison who was getting ready to shoot him with an electric wire that would tase him. She pushed onto the trigger, the wire shooting at him. But the wire couldn't even tase him as he caught it effortlessly. Allison stared in shock as he just threw away the tase gun as if it were nothing.

Derek transformed into his werewolf form. He ran up to Void and tried to attack him. Void quickly countered his attack. He banged his head against the white table behind him and threw him harshly against a near-by pole.

He heard a gun cock on his other side. He jerked his head to there and started to glare at Chris as if he were daring the hunter to shoot him.

"Argent, listen to me. Don't do this," Noah pleaded.

"Why not? I've done it before. Werewolves, berserkers. I can easily add a nogitsune to the list."

Noah got out his gun and aimed it towards Chris. Void's mouth formed into a small 'o' shape, clearly amused by his reaction. Cassie rolled her eyes at how Void responded to the situation.

"You're not gonna shoot my son," Noah said, looking at Chris dead in the eye.

"You said it yourself, sheriff. That's not your son."

"Put it down," he commanded. "Put it down."

"Dad, he's gonna shoot me," Void joined in, his eyes becoming teary.

"Oh my lord," Cassie muttered, not buying what Void was trying to sell.

Void ignored her words. "He's gonna kill me, dad."

"Don't listen," Chris warned.

"Put it down. Put it down," Noah kept saying. "Now! Do it!"

Void looked at Chris, not believing he would actually shoot him. "Pull the trigger. Come on."

The confident look in Chris' eyes began to decrease once he heard Void's words. Something about him had changed. He didn't know what, but Void's demeanor had changed somehow.

"Listen to me, you put the gun down now!" Noah began to yell.

"Shoot me," Void dared.

"Dad," Allison called out while Noah was still shouting at Chris to put the gun down. Allison looked around the strife in the room. That was it. Strife. The thing that the nogitsune needed to feed on.

The sun set, implying that night had now fallen.

"Stop. Stop it! This is what he wants! This is exactly what he wants!" Allison shouted.