Episode 6 Chapter 8

WARNING: CONTAINS MENTIONS OF SUICIDE AND ATTEMPTS OF SUICIDE

READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

-O-

According to Lydia and Allison, the girls needed Stiles' help because of his smarts. Cassie didn't object or say anything because she knew they were right and didn't want what he said before to affect other people's lives when they could be in danger. But everyone, including Stiles, noticed that she was a bit uncomfortable when Stiles arrived.

"The last time I saw Scott act like that was during the full moon," Allison concluded.

"Yeah, I know. He was definitely off with me too," Stiles agreed. "But actually, it was Boyd who seemed really off. I watched him put his fist through the vending machine."

"See? It is the motel. Cassie and I called it. Either we need to get out of here right now, or someone needs to learn how to do an exorcism ASAP before the werewolves go crazy and kill us," Lydia ranted, pulling out a bright red bible from one of the drawers.

Cassie squinted her eyes at the bible and saw small gaps between the pages. Gaps that seemed to be filled with different pieces of paper.

"Lyds, give me that." Lydia tossed her the bible. "You guys discuss on what's happening, I'm gonna try and find some clues in this oddly colored bible."

They nodded at her, confused on what she was doing, but just let her do her thing. All their voices started to fade out as she flipped through the pages. It seemed like a normal bible, which was surprising to her considering its really bright red cover. She flipped the pages to the first gap she saw. Once she opened it up, she saw one part of a newspaper article in there.

"You guys, come look at this."

"What is that?" Allison asked as everyone came to her side.

They all read the headline above the whole article in their heads.

"28-Year-Old man hangs self at the infamous Glen Capri," Stiles read aloud.

Cassie spread apart the bible and shook it onto the bed. Dozens of newspaper articles came flying out of it. The four all started searching through it.

"Look at these two," Lydia spoke. "They both mention room 217. These are probably all the suicides that happened in this room."

"So, if every room has a bible," Allison began.

"There could be articles in all the rooms," Lydia continued.

"That's a beautiful thing. Most places leave a mint under the pillow. This one leaves a record of all the horrible deaths that occurred," Stiles sarcastically commented.

"What if the article about the couple you were talking about is in the room next door," Cassie suggested, ignoring Stiles' sarcastic comment.

The four of them rushed out, Stiles being the first while the other three followed him. They got to the other room and saw Stiles jiggling the doorknob aggressively but the door not opening.

"That was not locked before," Lydia said.

"Forget it. We need to get Scot, Issaac, and Boyd out of here."

The four were just about to walk away but stopped when they heard a handsaw activate coming from the room.

"I'm not the only one who heard that, am I?" Lydia whimpered.

"It sounds like someone turned the handsaw on."

"No really? I thought someone was throwing a damn pool party in there!"