Episode 11 Chapter 19

"It has to be on a telluric current. Or maybe even at the axis of two or where they all intersect," Stiles began. "I just know it's where Derek took Paige to die."

"My dad and Gerard were there once," Allison added. "But Gerard said it was years ago and he couldn't remember where it was. My dad obviously isn't here to tell us now."

"Yeah, mine either."

"Then how do we find this place?" Issaac asked.

"I could do a locator spell," Cassie suggested.

"No, that wouldn't work. The energy around the nemeton would be too strong for a simple locator spell to track it down," Deaton chimed in.

Once again, I am entirely useless.

"But there is another way, but it's dangerous." He looked at the group of teens. "We're gonna need Scott."

--

Cassie, Lydia, Issaac, and Deaton poured bags of ice into the three bathtubs, making the water inside colder. They were all a bit nervous about the plan. They weren't sure if it would work.

Cassie was the one who was the most anxious. She didn't want to lose Stiles or Allison. Allison was her first, real friend and she loved Stiles. She wasn't prepared to lose either of them.

"Alright," Deaton said, making everyone pause. "What did you bring?"

"Um, I got my dad's badge," Stiles started. "Jennifer kind of crushed it in her hand, so I tried hammering it out a bit. Still doesn't look great."

"Well, it doesn't need to look good if it has meaning," Deaton commented.

"Is that an actual silver bullet?" Issaac asked, eyeing the bullet Allison brought.

"My dad made it," she answered. "It's kind of a ceremonial thing. Where one of us finishes learning all the skills to be a hunter, we forge a silver bullet as a testament to the code."

"Scott?"

"My dad got my mom this watch when she first got hired at the hospital. She used to say it was the only thing in their marriage that ever worked."

"Okay, the three of you will get in. Each of us will hold you down until you're essentially... well, dead. But it's not just someone to hold you under, it needs to be someone who can pull you back. Someone that has a strong connection to you, a kind of emotional tether. Cassie, you go with Stiles. Lydia, you go with Allison. And Issaac, you go with Scott. Good?"

They all glanced at each other and nodded.

--

It was now to the point where everyone was saying their goodbyes, in case the plan backfired. Cassie pulled Allison aside from everyone in the group.

"I can't believe this is happening," Cassie slightly chuckled.

"Yeah, me either."

Cassie looked at her with teary eyes. "Just promise me you'll come back, okay? I don't... I don't want to lose another sister."

Allison's eyes began to water as well. She pulled Cassie into a tight hug.

"I promise, Cassie."

"Good, because if you don't, I will resurrect you and kill you again for breaking your promise," Cassie threatened, making both the girls laugh.

The girls pulled away from each other.

"Thank you, for being my best friend since the first day of sophomore year."

Cassie sniffled. "Thank you for being mine."

They pulled each other in another hug, embracing each other. Allison spotted Stiles staring at the two girls, Cassie in particular. She pulled away from the hug and nodded at Stiles' direction behind Cassie. The witch looked behind her and saw Stiles give her a small smile, trying to tell her he wanted to talk with her as well.

"Go," Allison told her.

Cassie gave her a smile before walking away from her. She walked to Stiles with a small smile on her face.

"Can we talk?" Stiles asked when she arrived.

"Well, that's kind of why I came over here."

Stiles playfully rolled his eyes at her before grabbing her hand and pulling her into a different room. He closed the door behind them and turned to face her. He took both her hands in his and looked her in the eyes.

"Cass, you are the most extraordinary girl I've ever met. You're a total badass, you're really shy at first but annoy the heck out of everyone once you're comfortable with them, you're smart, you listen to me, you're selfless and so much more. I've never felt this way for a girl before. I didn't even feel this way when I was crushing on Lydia. I've been wanting to tell you this for a long time, but I just couldn't because we could never have a moment alone for more than five minutes. What I'm trying to say is uh..."

"Spit it out, Stiles," Cassie said after he trailed off, hoping he was going to say what she thought he was going to say.

"Okay," he breathed out. "I love you, Cassandra Williams. I love you so god damn much."

Cassie's smile grew at his last sentences. "I love you too, Stiles Stilinski."

Stiles cupped her face and pressed his lips onto her. He could taste the saltiness of her tears, but he didn't care. In that moment, to him, all that mattered was her. And to her, all that mattered was him.

--

Stiles, Allison, and Scott all stood by the bathtubs. They all took a deep breath before putting themselves into the bathtubs. They shivered at the painfully cold feeling. They fully sat down in the bathtubs where the water was up to their necks.

Stiles looked at Scott. "By the way, uh... if I don't make it back and you do, you should probably know something. Your dad's in town."

Cassie, Lydia, and Issaac all got behind them and put their hands on the shoulders of each person they were emotionally connected to.

"Now!"

They all pushed each person under the water, fully submerging them. The three above the water all looked at each other once the other three were submerged. Cassie felt Stiles squeeze her hand, trying to reassure her that he'd be okay. They all peacefully accepted their deaths, not bothering to fight for their survival.

Then, their hearts finally stopped beating.