Episode 13 Chapter 23

"Good morning, everyone. My name is Mr. Yukimura. I'll be taking over your previous history teacher. My family and I moved here three weeks ago. I'm sure, by now, you all know my daughter, Kira. Or you might not since she's never actually mentioned anyone from school. Or brought home a friend for that matter."

A girl sitting in the back slammed her head onto the desk, making everyone turn their heads to her.

"Either way, there she is," Mr. Yukimura continued, referring to the girl who just slammed her head.

The girl lifted up her head from her desk, smiling shyly at everyone who was staring.

Cassie looked at Scott and then at Kira back and forth. She sighed disappointedly and turned her head back to the front of the classroom. She still had high hopes for Scott and Allison to get back together.

"Let's begin with American History at the turn of the twentieth century..."

--

"Maybe we need a little more time to get back to normal," Scott said, looking over Stiles' shoulder as he unlocked his locker.

"Yeah, try not to forget we hit the reset button on a supernatural beacon for supernatural creatures," Stiles retorted sarcastically. "There's a pretty good chance things are never going back to normal."

"Yeah..."

Stiles began to struggle with his lock and pulling it aggressively. He stopped to examine the lock and traced his fingers on the medal. Instead of numbers going up by five, he saw symbols he couldn't recognize.

"What?" he muttered, slightly tilting his head.

"Stiles, do you need help?" Cassie asked, placing her hand on his shoulder.

He blinked. The symbols were now replaced with the original numbers.

"No. No, I'm okay." He looked towards Scott and saw that his eyes were glowing red. "Oh. Dude, your eyes."

"What about them?" he questioned, oblivious to the fact his werewolf eyes were showing.

"They're starting to glow," Stiles pointed out.

"You mean like right now?"

"Yes, right now. Scott, stop. Stop it."

He started panting breathlessly. "I-I can't. I can't... I can't control it."

Cassie pushed Scott's head down so his eyes were towards the floor. "Keep your head down, do not look up," she ordered. "We need to find an empty classroom."

Stiles put his arm on top of Scott's head, preventing the werewolf to look up. The two guided him to an empty classroom nearby. As soon as they went inside the classroom, Scott took off his black, knit sweater along with his backpack.

"Get back. Get away from me," he said, panicked, backing away from them to the back of the classroom.

"Scott, it's okay," Stiles tried to reassure.

"I don't know what's gonna happen. Get back."

Cassie knew Scott wouldn't hurt them, but for extra precautions, she stood in front of Stiles and slightly held out her arm in front of him protectively.

They watched as Scott started to dig his claws into the palms of his hands. Trickles of blood started dripping down his forearms. He groaned at the pain but continued to do so until he felt himself gain control again. He kneeled down onto the floor, his hands still into balls of fists.

Stiles and Cassie dropped their backpacks to the floor, watching as Scott released his hands and caught his breath. They knelt down in front of him cautiously.