Episode 12 Chapter 20

Cassie sat on the floor with her knees to her chest between Stiles and Allison's bathtubs. She fiddled with the promise ring Stiles gave her as she waited for them to come back to life.

"Cassie..." Lydia called out, her voice soft. "It's been over sixteen hours."

"I know..."

"You know what this means, right?"

"That they're taking a longer time than expected?"

"Cassie, you know what I mean."

The witch sighed, readjusting her ring. "Yeah, I do."

She got up from the floor and walked to where Lydia was standing. Just as the girls turned around to walk out the room, they heard the water splashing from behind them.

Cassie turned around and ran to Allison, as did Lydia. Cassie immediately engulfed Allison in a hug, not caring that she was wet, while Lydia hugged Cassie, caring that she was wet.

Stiles opened his arms, thinking Cassie was going to hug him, but quickly retracted them when he realized she was going to Allison.

"I saw it. I know where it is," Scott announced, spitting out droplets of water.

"We passed it, there's this stump, this huge tree," Stiles said, getting out of the bathtub. "Well, it's not huge anymore. It was cut down. But it's still bug though, very big."

"It was the night we were looking for the body."

"Yeah, the same night you were bit by Peter," Stiles replied, accepting the towel that was being wrapped around him by Cassie.

"I was there too, in the car with my mother. We almost hit someone." Allison spoke up, warming herself with the towel Lydia wrapped around her.

"It was me. You almost hit me," Scott said. "We can find it."

The four dry ones all looked at each other, now doubting the plan.

"What?" Allison questioned, noticing their looks.

"You guys were out a long time," Issaac started.

"How long is a long time?" Stiles asked.

"Sixteen hours," Deaton answered.

"We've been in the water for sixteen hours?"

Cassie checked her watch. "And the full moon rises in less than four."

--

"No, dude, you are not going back with them."

"I made a deal with Deucalion," Scott said.

"Does anyone else think that sounds a lot like a deal with the devil?"

"Why does it matter anyway?" Issaac cut in.

"Because I still don't think that we can beat Jennifer without their help," Scott replied.

"He trusts you more than anyone. Tell him he's wrong," Allison said to Deaton.

"I'm not so sure he is," Deaton disagreed. "Circumstances like this sometime require that you align yourself with people you'd normally consider enemies."

"So, we're gonna trust him. The guy that calls himself death, destroyer of worlds. We're gonna trust that guy?" Issaac commented.

"I wouldn't trust him, no. But you could use him as your advantage. Deucalion may be the enemy, but he could also be the bait."

The front door of the clinic creaked open, letting everyone know someone had entered. Deaton walked to the lobby to see who it was with Scott following closely behind. There, they saw Ethan.

"I'm looking for Lydia," he spoke.

Lydia appeared right next to Deaton once she heard her name. "What do you want?"

"I need your help."

Cassie leaned on the door frame with her arms crossed next to Lydia. "With what exactly?"

"Stopping my brother and Kali... from killing Derek."

"Why do you need her help? Can't you do it alone?"

"I need her help because she's the only one who might be able to stop them. Aiden specifically."

Cassie gasped dramatically, turning to Lydia. "I knew something was going on between you two!"

Lydia sighed, ignoring Cassie. "Okay, I'll help."

--

The rest of the pack went to go get any of their parents' clothing for Scott or Issaac to smell so they could track the nemeton down while Cassie stayed behind with Deaton.

"Something's on your mind. What is it?" he asked.

She sighed, debating on whether to ask him for help. "How does a witch locate someone without needing a relative's blood?"

"Locate someone like... Jennifer Blake perhaps?"

She gulped. "No, just... someone."

He chuckled. "I get it, Cassie. You want revenge for your sister."

"No, I don't," she denied a little too quickly. "I want justice for her. There's a difference."

"Mhm," he hummed, not believing her. "Did you bring your grimoire?"

She took it out of her purse. "Always have it with me."

"Great. I'll show you."

--

"So, what am I supposed to do?"

"You try and channel the power of your ancestors and mix it with yours," he replied, lighting the last candle. "Sit in the middle."

She did as he said and sat in the center of the circle of candles.

"I just start saying the spell?" he nodded. "Okay..."

She took a deep breath before closing her eyes. She tried to clear her mind as she subconsciously lifted her arms and leveled them to just below her chest.

"Per Virtutem Malefica Sanguinis, Invenio et Collocant Jennifer Blake. Per Virtutem Malefica Sanguinis, Invenio et Collocant Jennifer Blake. Per Virtutem Malefica Sanguinis, Invenio et Collocant Jennifer Blake."

As she chanted the spell over and over again, a sudden gust of wind blew all the candles out. Dark purple veins started to trail up her arms. She opened her eyes, revealing her glowing purple irises. Deaton cocked his head when he noticed her purple irises were being overlapped by the blackness of her pupils. She blinked once, and her eyes were now fully black with no sight of whiteness in them. She then chanted the spell one last time.

As she put down her arms, the veins and the blackness in her eyes faded and the candles were lit up again with an orange-red flame.

"Your eyes," Deaton said after a small silence.

"Yeah, I know. They turn purple."

"No, they weren't just purple. They turned black."

She furrowed her brows. "Like the irises or the whole eye?"

"The whole eye," he replied. "I've never seen anything like that before."

"I have, but it was on a TV show, so I don't think it counts."

He shook his head. "Anyway, did you find her?"

"I think so."

She got up from the floor and started to head out the door.

"Where are you going?"

She smirked. "I'm going to find Jennifer Blake."

Her eyes flashed purple at the thought. "And I'm going to kill her."