𝐄𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞 𝐕. 𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐘

(A/n: Last part na po 'to. Congratulations po sa ating lahat natapos na punyemas ಥ‿ಥ See you sa special chapter)

Thaleia's POV

After slugging down the last residue of my red wine, I returned my eyes on the screen and watched how she ascended onto the stage to get the diploma that she strived for completing the four years in college.

"Congratulations" I mumbled as though she was really here. I miss her so much yet I couldn't do anything to get back to her, there are ways but I'd rather choose to bleed in silence than to put her at stake again. This video that was sent by Zoey isn't enough to fill the hole that I was bearing since I left her. No one's gonna redeem the nightmare that keeps haunting me until today but her. I love her so much that I had to leave her to save her from a monster who's no other than me. She's the only person that I need yet it's too impossible to have her again.

Nadatnan ko na lang ang sariling lumuluha nanaman. This is immensely hurting me to the point I felt like dying for almost everyday. I want to see her, feel her touch, and if I would be given another chance to get back to her once more, I won't hesitate to say how much I love her but it's over now.

"Dear?" a voice approached so I quickly wiped off my tears. Composing myself, I turned to my dad who just walked in.

"Yes, dad?" I asked monotonously as I clicked the video to pause it.

He didn't speak but waltzed his way toward me. He settled down on the spot beside me before speaking up, "I have heard that today's her graduation"

Cocking my head into his direction, I weakly nodded my head before silence succumbed us.

"Reese, you know how much I love you and Race" my dad started off again after an interminable silence.

"And I knew that in recent months, our life drooped in an instant and without you and her, I would lose everything, including myself" dugtong nito pero hindi ako umimik. I let him continue what he wanted to enunciate as I listened to him intently.

"But a year of being hopeless, I figured out that I should get everything back on track" he spoke which confused me. After the death of my papa Tyler, we all suffered and got depressed but my dad was the one who deplored the most. Papa Tyler was his spine and his greatest gem behind his success just like how Avika to me kaya ganon na lang ang pagkalugmok nito nung nawala ang isa pang haligi namin. We also lost half of our investors which placed the company in pitfall. Good thing, we have some family and friends to help us. Totoo nga yung kasabihan na makikita mo kung sino ang mga totoo sa hindi when the storm gets in your way. Sa ngayon, tumutulong muna ako sa company para maibalik yung mga nawala namin sa loob nang mahigit isang taon.

"What do you mean, dad?" I asked puzzled.

"I'll handle the company again and I promise, I will rebuild our empire for you, Zoey, and of course for Tyler" he said with determination.

Just months apres conversation, bumalik siya sa paghahandle ng company with the help of me and my younger sister. Nagsunod-sunod ang pagbuhos ng mga investors and I could see that my dad became firmer than he already is.

"Hello?"

"Hello, beautiful" Hailey said after picking up the phone. She's the owner of the bar kung saan madalas nagpupunta si Avika and her circle. I do know her way back when I followed Avika and Cervantez in that bar almost five years ago.

"Stop giving me your advances, Hailey. You know it wouldn't work"

"I know. I'm just trying, baka sakali--"