(3) Emails

Hands typing fast.

Hey, thank you for giving me this opportunity! I would absolutely love working for the Mexico soccer team. Please let me know as soon as possible if I could apply for this job. Thank you!

You sent the message with your shaky fingers.

You crossed your fingers and hoped that they would get back to you soon. Maybe, this is the right timing for you. You really, really need to a job. So your not a complete disappointment to your mom, even though she said you weren't it didn't stop your mind from feeling like you were.

You closed your computer, and went to your bed. You closed your eyes but couldn't help but to squeal and switch side to side. You just wanted it to be tomorrow already, the suspension was killing you. You were so uncomfortable, that you got up in the middle of the night to go get a drink of water.

You walked down, and tried not to make a ton of noise because your mom was probably sleeping at this time. You tiptoed to the kitchen to drink a nice cold refreshing water, the thought of that seemed so appealing to you.

Once you were finally there, you looked in the fridge for a bottle of water. Thankfully, there was one left. You took it and drank it, letting the refreshing beverage wash you down.

You sat the bottle down on the counter only for it to slip and spell. You instantly let out a loud squeal on accident, and caught the water before it could drip down the counter. Though, it did get a piece of paper a little wet. You frowned and picked up the white paper.

You read it, to only frown deeper.

You were getting evicted.

You heard footsteps behind you but you didn't react as you read deeper into the paper.

"Ay mija what are you doing up at this time?"

"Why didn't you tell me we were getting evicted?" You said not even turning around to face her. Your moms expression dropped as well as her heart. She didn't want to tell you, because she didn't want to worry you.

"H-how do you know?" She asked worried. You placed the paper down and turned around to face your mom. You weren't mad, just even more disappointed.

"The paper you left here. How come you didn't tell me?" You asked devastated.

Your mom took a deep breath.

"Because I didn't want to worry you hija, you were already dealing with so much I didn't want you to think that-"

"MA! You need to be telling me these things though, I'm a grown ass women I-I uh excuse my language but I'm not a little kid anymore. I live with you and I'm over 18, therefore your problems are now mine." You said disappointed.

You mom felt bad. Even though you are not a little kid, she still sees you as one. She doesn't know if it's because of your height or because you never changed your mood. In her eyes, your still that hardworking, loving,caring person.

"I'm sorry. I just didn't want to stress you out." She apologized.

"You don't have to apologize, trust me I know what your saying. But I'm grown ma, I shouldn't even be living with you! I should have my own job, my own house, car, money, but I don't. Listen, it's bad enough that I'm living with you. It's not like I don't enjoy it, but when you have a problem like this, I need to know. I don't want to be living here comfortably while your out here stressing, your my mom, you shouldn't have to be stressing."

Your moms eyes started go get teary as she ran and gave you a hug. You smiled and hugged her back, now, you really needed this job.

You pulled away from the hug.