(5) Getting ready

1 week later

You grabbed your gum and placed it in your pocket.

"Im going to miss you." Your mom said with tears in her eyes.

You and her talked about the whole situation, which it took a while for her to be fine with it. But she ended being okay with it, it was for the best anyways.

"Me too, but I'll visit as much as I can, and I'll send you half of my first pay check. Okay?" You told her. You didn't like the fact that your mom was going to have to stay here in America, though you guys didn't have enough money to take the both of you.

"I-okay." She said.

You smiled and grabbed a rectangular box out of your pocket and gave it to your mom.

"What is this?" She asked confused. She couldn't really see what the box was for,maybe it was because of the blurry vision she had.

"A phone. For you." You said with a little smile placed on your face.

"How much did this coast?" She questioned.

"Don't worry about that, but when I go to Mexico, I'll buy a phone and I'll get your number. I have it memorizad by heart." You said.

"Thank you, thank you so much."

She gave you one last big hug, and hopefully you'll see her soon.

___________________________

The airplane came to a stop.

"Alright ladies and gentleman, and... others... but we have arrived at our destination!" There was a ton of groaning, it was a 2 hour flight which wasn't too bad. Considering your home state is borders with Mexico.

You got up and grabbed your luggage, and all of your needs and walked out the plane.

You instantly got a smell that brought you back from when you were little. It was so joyful that it almost brought tears to your eyes.

You had a hotel set up and everything for yourself. The people who flew you their had everything good to go for you, and your trip.

"Y/N!"

You heard your name being called and instantly turned around to the voice.

It was a short man with short hair.

He was in a grey truck with tinted windows, the only thing you would see was his little head sticking out of pitch black.

"Yeah?" You answered back. You had never seen this male ever in your entire life.

"Come here!" He shouted. You were hesitant to go, though it was a public area so why would you get kidnapped right here?

You walked over to his truck and gave him a confused look.

"Here." He said and took out his phone that showed you and your conversations with the girl who you interviewed with.

"She sent me here to get you, I'll drive you to the hotel and then since it's early enough, I would like you to come by this location here." He said and showed you the same location that the other lady showed you.

"Come through around 6:00 so we can get you set up in your office." He finished.

You processed all the information.

"Get in my truck, I won't hurt you." He said with a smile. You gave him a smile back and then opened the door to his truck.

Slowly climbing in, you sat still in a statue.