(37) Just an Act

"Diego." That sentence just ringed in your ear.

"What!? Diego? Out of all people?" You shouted. Kevin shushed you and leaned closer to you, like he was going to tell a secret.

"Well, I told everyone else before you and they all chose Who they wanted to share their tent with." Kevin said. You looked around to see the players all training.

"So Diego chose me?" You asked, a little bit confused. Kevin sighed and shook his head, no.

"No. I haven't told him yet. I put you two together!" Kevin exclaimed. The feeling in your stomach could not be wiped away so easily, in fact you felt it rise when you realized the whole situation.

You had to share the tent with him. Meaning you would have to sleep right next to him.

Oh no. You can't do this. But at the same time you didn't want to say no to Kevin, the guilt would eat you up and it's his birthday after all. So you just have to suck it up, and go with it.

You shot Kevin a toothy smile and watched him happily skip away.

You went back to your office, tomorrow will be a hard day. Well, the next few days will be.

-

You ran on the bus, making sure you got your stuff pack for the next few days. Everyone was already on the bus, and they were just waiting for you.

You jumped on the bus and struggled to get up the two steps. Once you made it, you ran to Kevin. You could feel everyone's eyes burn on you as you ran to Kevin, sort of liking and hating the attention.

"Where do I sit?" You asked, Kevin looked behind him and pointed at a tuned out Diego. Diego's eyes were glued on the window to the side of him, he wasn't blinking, he wasn't moving, he didn't even pay attention to you as the others were.

You awkwardly waddled over to the seat right next to Diego, not minding him paying no mind. If he's quiet, then you're quiet. Though Diego seemed to realize your presence, he snapped out of his trance and he looked at you.

You were so close to him, a little to close for comfort. Diego just stared at you, you stared back in confusion. He then tilted his head to the side and looked around your neck. Ah, that's what he's doing.

You rolled your eyes and sat your stuff down. You then went on your phone, still feelings Diego's burning gaze on your neck. You felt so uncomfortable...that you kind of liked it. He was staring at you, watching your every move. The thought of that kind of excited you, but you just stayed still and watched on your phone.

Swiping on random apps, not really having a destination. You then found yourself back onto your and Val's old conversations. You smiled and chuckled to yourself at the random, funny, goofy things you and him would say. Catching yourself, you shook your head and went into a random app.

You didn't need to think about Val, especially when your right next to Diego.

You looked up from your screen, to see Diego still staring at you. His eyes looked at you with a heart shattered look. His eyebrows knit upwards and his mouth pouted. That expression didn't last long, his jaw clenched and his pupils fixture on a random object.

You shrugged off the strange feeling you got. The tiredness inside of you was way to much, and right after a long shift. You didn't even want to talk to anyone. Your eyes felt heavy and your body could barely lift up your head. The rain outside the bus did not help either, you felt relaxed and at peace with your setting.

The light was dim, and the silence was loud. Sure enough by now most of the players were asleep. You looked to your side to see Diego fighting his sleep. His eyes closing, then abruptly opening again. You smiled and closed your eyes, leaning your head back on the seat and letting out small breathes as you peacefully feel asleep.