(51) Hate you?

Cant you believe that this book is almost over?💔
_________________

You stared at him in shock, you pushed Val off of you and ran to Diego.

But he only neglected you, turning away and going back to the hallway.

Your heart was racing and you chased Diego outside as he ran away. The sound of your shoes roughly hitting the carpet floor filled your ears. Your eyes were locked on Diego as you reached out to stop him, but he was so much faster than you.

Making your way outside, the dim night filled your eyes. You took a second to adjust to it before seeing Diego run into a nearby field. Catching your breath, you pushed yourself to your limits as you chased him down.

Suddenly, he stopped. At the edge of a hill, dripping down his tried body on the floor, face first. You caught up to him, kneeling down and trying to pick him up. "Diego please listen." You whispered. Diego shook his head and pushed your helping hand away from him.

He stood up fully, his wide figure overwhelming yours. He eyed you in your eyes that he hates so much. "Y/n, why do you do this to us?" He croaked out. You heard the whininess in his voice as he spoke. His body was learned forward, his breathing was erotic, his eyes were narrowed.

You stuttered, "I- I don't- it wasn't like that! I promise let me explain!" You pleaded. Diego scuffed and walked down the hill with ease. You tried to follow him, though you stumbled a lot since you didn't have the balance he did.

"Enlighten me, I'm curious on what your excuse is." He spoke from below. You tripped down to his level and grabbed his arm, twisting him around to face you. "Okay. Thank you, just listen."

His ears flattered at the sound of your voice. Even if he didn't want to listen, he knew he had to. His curiosity would get the best of him.

You stood there, thinking about the best ways to say this. After finding the right words and staring into his eyes, you spoke. "Diego, I- it's hard to say this," you started. Diego fumbled with his hands, eager to hear your words.

You took a deep, sharp breath. "I- I have feelings for you Diego. It's obvious. But these feelings aren't like any other. It's like I'm constantly thinking about you, dreaming about you. Hell, I day dream about you all the time, Diego. You have some type of effect over me and it's sucks because I hate that I love you-"

Love me?

Diego couldn't bare to listen to you anymore. He heard your voice still speaking in the background of his thoughts. All that was roaming out in his brain that you said love.

Love, love, love love love love.

She loves me?

He focused his attention back into your words. "...And I just feel this feeling that I don't know how to explain!" You caught your breath after admitting everything to Diego. Hoping that he would take your apology into consideration.

Diego smiled at you like a little kid. "You love me?" He said, with hope in his voice.

You caught your breath. "Yeah..?" Wasn't it obvious?

Diego's grin only grew wider, his smile lines appearing brighter than ever. "You do? Really? You actually love me?" He said, getting closer to you as he spoke.

You chuckled nervously and stepped back, finding it odd on how fast his mood changed. "Yes Diego...did you not hear what I just said?" You asked.

Diego stopped listening to you again. His mind was still focused on the fact that you said you loved him. For real. He hadn't felt this happy, relieved, non stressed in forever. He felt genuinely good. He felt like stress just disappeared. It made his whole body changed brighter. Though suddenly, something came over him.

Diego snapped his head back to you. His eyes beamed onto your flesh as his face grew a little tense. "Can you repeat what you said?" He asked. You laughed and looked at him, only to see he was serious.

"I love you..?" You said, not really understanding what he meant by repeat.

He leaned in closer to you, gripping your waist and kissing along your neck. You slightly pushed him away. "One emotion at a time, Diego. What are you feeling?"

He put his face right back into your neck, kissing all over you as he rubbed around your waist. "So happy. I never knew how much I wanted to hear you say that." He admitted. You smiled and let him kiss you.

"Really? what about when you hated me. Don't you hate me, Diego?" You teased, slightly feeling up his stomach.

Diego scuffed. "Hate you?" He said, pulling away from you and taking a good look at your facial features.

How could someone hate...this?

He shook his head. "You're- I can't even explain how much I feel about you."

You kissed him on the lips. "Show me."