Bowling (Pucketh)

"Daddy, can we go bowling?" Beth requested.

"Bowling?" Puck repeated. "It's getting kinda late, B."

"So?" Beth wondered.

"Mommy doesn't want you staying up late." Puck told Beth.

"Mommy's not here." Beth smirked.

"Okay." Puck gave in. "But you have to go straight to bed when we get back. Deal?"

"Deal!"

-

"Alright, we have your shoes and your ball. Let's go to the lane and get set up." Puck decided. "Come on, B."

Puck led Beth to their lane and sat down to help her with her shoes.

"Will you play, too, Daddy?" Beth questioned Puck.

"Why don't I just watch you play?" Puck suggested.

"Pleeeease?" Beth begged.

"You really want me to play?" Puck asked.

Beth nodded.

"Okay." Puck said, adding his name to the roster before starting the game. "You go first, princess. Wanna find a ramp?"

"I don't use a ramp, Daddy." Beth responded. "I'm a big girl."

"Okay, yeah, you are." Puck agreed. "You got this, Monkeyface."

-

Puck turned around from taking his turn, and frowned when he didn't see Beth on the bench. He immediately found her standing in front of the lane beside theirs so she had a good view of Puck's turn.

"Sorry." Puck apologized to the two older couples in the lane beside him and Beth. He turned to the eight-year-old and took her hand. "B, you have to stay on our side in our lane, okay?"

"Okay." Beth repeated.

Puck nodded, still aware that the couples were watching him. "I'm really sorry. She's still learning."

"No worries."

"Thanks." Puck muttered as he led Beth back to their bench and sat down.

Beth sat down beside Puck.

"It's your turn." Puck informed her. "You're not in trouble, B. Go take your turn."

"Okay." Beth nodded as she got up and walked away.

Puck watched Beth take her turn. He clapped proudly when she hit three of the pins. Beth took her second turn, hitting four pins and grinned as Puck cheered her on. Her smile faded as she walked over and sat down beside Puck.

"Daddy." Beth said. "Will you play with me forever and take me bowling forever?"

Puck furrowed his eyebrow as he looked at Beth. "Of course I will."

"Even when my brother is here?" Beth wondered.

"Even when your brother is here." Puck confirmed.

"Promise?" Beth asked.

"I promise." Puck nodded as he pulled Beth onto his lap and hugged her. "You're my number one. You know that. Just don't tell Mommy."

Beth smiled.

"I love you." Puck added.

"Love you!"