Casting (Artie/Puck)

"I said I'm coming." Puck huffed as he walked over to his apartment door and opened it. He furrowed his eyebrow. "Artie?"

"Hey." Artie said. "Can I come in?"

"Sure." Puck nodded, giving Artie more space and cleaning up a little. "Sorry I wasn't expecting anyone."

"Where's Mercedes?" Artie asked as he entered the apartment.

"She's basically been living at the recording studio the past few weeks." Puck answered. "And she's been flying back and forth to see Sam. It seems like things are getting serious between them."

"What about you?" Artie wondered.

"Me?" Puck chuckled.

Artie paused for a moment. "We haven't seen or heard from you in a while. Do you keep in touch with anybody?"

"What are you doing here?" Puck asked, avoiding the question. "I had no idea you were in L.A."

"Yeah, that's actually what I came here to talk to you about." Artie began. "I had a big meeting today."

"And?" Puck wondered.

"And I panicked and stole your idea in my pitch." Artie blurted.

"What idea?" Puck questioned Artie.

"Remember a few years ago when you showed me your screenplay?" Artie asked. "The aliens attacking the President?"

"And only the pool boy could save them." Puck nodded. "That's, like, the only piece of work I've actually been able to finish, so yeah, I remember."

Artie looked at Puck.

"That's the idea you pitched?" Puck realized.

"Yeah." Artie muttered. "But they said they had a few more meetings so they're gonna call me when they make their decision. And if they call with good news, I'll just tell them the truth."

"No." Puck shook his head.

"No?" Artie repeated. "I don't get it, you just said this is the only thing you've finished. Why would you be okay with me stealing it?"

"Because we both need this." Puck pointed out. "We can work something out."

"Like what?" Artie asked.

"I don't know." Puck shrugged. "What are you willing to offer?"

"I might not even get to make this movie." Artie pointed out.

"Okay, but if you do." Puck began. "I'll be the pool boy?"

"If you're willing to bring back the mohawk, I'll consider it." Artie smirked. "What about a financial deal?"

"Casting me is a better move." Puck pointed out. "If the movie tanks, you don't have to worry about me, and if it succeeds, I'll be taking home whatever we agree on in my contract."

"True." Artie nodded. "You still have the original screenplay, right?"

"It's in my room." Puck nodded back. "I'll go get it."

"Okay." Artie said.

Puck excused himself and went to his bedroom. He pulled out a plastic storage bin from under his bed and dug through the notebooks and sheet music until he came across the pages of his screenplay at the bottom.

Puck grabbed the stack of papers and nudged the storage bin back under his bed with his foot before heading back to Artie. He found him on the phone.

"Thanks for calling." Artie concluded the call before hanging up.

Puck handed Artie the screenplay.

"So." Artie said, eyeing the papers before looking at Puck. "Who do you want to play the President?"