Hair Color (Quicketh+fam)

"Babe! I'm home!" Puck called as he entered the house.

"We're upstairs!" Quinn responded.

Puck walked upstairs and entered his bedroom, surprised to see Quinn wasn't alone. She was with her hair team.

"Hey." Puck said, greeting Quinn with a kiss before eyeing her hair. "Where are the kids?"

"Your mom and Beth took Hudson and Lucy to the park." Quinn answered. "Grace is asleep in the nursery."

Puck nodded slowly. "And what's going on here?"

"I told you I had to change my hair for the movie." Quinn reminded Puck.

"Right." Puck muttered. "You're not cutting it, are you?"

"Just a trim." Quinn promised. "After we color it."

"And that's okay for the baby?" Puck questioned Quinn.

"The pediatrician said as long as she's not in the room breathing in the chemicals, she's fine." Quinn nodded.

"We're using a demi-permanent color, so it's ammonia-free, too."

Puck furrowed his eyebrow. "I have no idea what any of that means, but what color are you dyeing it?"

"You'll see." Quinn smiled.

"You're not gonna tell me?" Puck asked.

"I want it to be a surprise." Quinn nodded. "I'll show you when it's done."

"Okay." Puck nodded back. "I'm gonna check on Grace and take her to meet the others."

"Okay." Quinn repeated as Puck kissed her before leaving.

-

"Can I come in?"

"Yes." Quinn answered with a smile.

Puck opened the door and looked at her.

"What do you think?" Quinn asked.

"It's... nice." Puck responded.

"You hate it." Quinn noted.

"I don't hate it." Puck insisted. "I've never seen your hair brown before, but it looks good."

Quinn raised her eyebrow, not believing a word Puck was saying.

"You look like Beth." Puck added.

"I look like Beth?" Quinn repeated.

"Yeah, if I didn't know any better, I'd have to do a double take." Puck stated.

"So you don't hate it?" Quinn wondered.

"It's different." Puck said as he wrapped his arms around Quinn. "But it's still pretty."

"You like it better blonde." Quinn noted.

"No." Puck lied as he gently pushed a brunette strand out of Quinn's face, tucking it behind her ear.

"It's just for the movie." Quinn reminded Puck. "It'll be back to blonde before I even fly home from filming."

"Well, you always look beautiful, and the movie's gonna be great." Puck promised.

Quinn nodded slowly.

"Don't let the new hair give you doubts." Puck told Quinn.

"It's not the hair." Quinn shook her head.

"What is it?" Puck wondered.

"I wanna do it, but I don't wanna leave." Quinn said. "Grace is so little, and there's four of them, and I don't wanna be away from you for so long."

"I don't wanna be away from you for so long either." Puck told Quinn. "But the kids and I are gonna be fine. Grace is a piece of cake, and she's not gonna remember you being gone. And my mom and Beth will be around to help with Hudson and Lulu."

Quinn nodded slowly.

"It's gonna be fine." Puck promised as he kissed Quinn's cheek. "Come show the kids your hair."