Chapter 18: Perfect Sword!

Once I had gotten over my embarrassment, I was curious what that trance-like state was when I grabbed the sword, and I figured Great-grandmother would know.

"Great-grandmother, do you know what that trance-like state I experienced earlier was?" Asked Elif as he continued to swing the sword, seeing if he could somehow enter that state once more.

"What you had just experienced was what we call an epiphany. An epiphany is a trance-like state where you gain insights into something, and it doesn't necessarily have to be related to cultivation; you could gain an epiphany into anything." Answered Celeste in her calm voice once more.

"Well, seeing how surprised Illumia sounded, I'm going to assume experiencing an epiphany is something special, or am I wrong?" Stated Elif.

"Special doesn't describe how miraculous it is to enter such a state; experiencing an epiphany can happen to anyone; it doesn't matter the talent a person has, nor does it matter how strong someone's will is, and that's why experiencing an epiphany is such an amazing thing, as it's impossible to increase the odds of someone entering the state of epiphany."

What Great-grandmother said disappointed me, as I thought since I'm incredibly talented, I would be able to experience an epiphany again, considering it felt wonderful to be in that state, though it seems like I won't be so lucky.

"That's lame, but if experiencing an epiphany is supposed to increase my understanding of something, why do I still not know much about the sword?" Asked Elif in confusion.

"An epiphany increases your understanding of something, but it doesn't allow you to suddenly know something you didn't know before. Using the insights you've gathered during an epiphany, you would develop your own theory that would allow you an even deeper understanding of something; in your case, it's the sword. Though in your case, the epiphany you experienced allowed you to take your first step into becoming a sword master, as you now have sword intent." Answered Celeste as she took the sword from Elif's hands.

Even when I no longer had the sword in my hand, I could still feel the sword that was now in Great-grandmother's hand; in fact, I could feel every other sword close by me, albeit slightly.

"I can feel all the swords around me. Is this because of sword intent?" Asked Elif, not really knowing how to feel about it.

"Yes, awakening sword intent is the very first step into mastering the way of the sword; usually, it would take genius's months of dedicated hard work to achieve sword intent, yet with the epiphany you had, it took you no longer than ten minutes." Stated Celeste with a smile on her face as she set the sword back on the rack before snapping her fingers, causing all the shelves of various weapons to disappear before reappearing. Yet, the difference now was that every weapon was a sword.

Seeing what Great-grandmother didn't shock me as it wasn't that special to see things suddenly change from a snap to me anymore, though if it were yesterday, I would've been surprised. Still, even though the weapons are now only swords, It doesn't seem to have decreased the number of weapons.

"Since you'll be using the sword, it's time to pick one out." Declared Celeste.

"I'm not going to use the sword I had before?" Asked Elif.

"Goodness no, that sword you picked up was merely an Earth-rank weapon; the only people who use them are commoners in the army as they are easy to mass produce. As a Prince, you have an image to uphold, and having a measly Earth-rank sword would be disgraceful for a Prince of the Elven Empire; besides, that sword would become obsolete once you reach the Saint realm." Said Celeste in a distasteful tone before urging Elif to find the sword he wished to use.