Chapter 159: Complete Defeat

When my attack easily destroyed Ivans, I saw his face morph into shock with traces of slight fear as he stared at the incoming sword wave, unable to move from pure astonishment. Once the attack hit, I wanted to smirk, but I doubted I'd be able to kill him that easily, and just as I presumed, instead of my purple sword wave continuing after slicing right through his body, it was brought to a halt before eventually getting destroyed.

"Tch, annoying, but whatever; it's not like I have a strong desire to kill him; he's just irritating." Muttered Elif with a frown as he shook his head and sheathed Hokori before storing it in his dimension ring.

With my display of power, I found it pointless for either of us to continue fighting; he may be the second strongest person I've come across, but I was still completely out of his league, seeing how he couldn't even block one attack without relying on artifacts to help him.

"Do you wish to continue fighting, Ivan? Or will you continue to waste both of our time in a battle with a predetermined victor?" Remarked Elif blandly while folding his arms as he eyed Ivan.

Floating down toward Ivan, who was holding his medallion, which protected him from my attack by surrounding him in an ethereal golden dome, landing beside him, I tapped on the golden dome while completely disregarding his presence, though I recoiled in pain.

'I don't know what I was expecting by doing that.' Thought Elif as he looked at the tip of his finger, which was burnt.

"Do you think you've beaten me, Elif!?" Exclaimed Ivan in unbridled rage as he eyed Elif through the golden dome.

"I know I've beaten you, Ivan; I'm not the one standing behind a protective artifact after all." Replied Elif lightly as he glanced at Ivan before turning around and walking toward Lucifer in the distance, still suppressed by Kalen.

While walking toward Kalk, or whatever his name was, I suddenly smirked in amusement as I disappeared from my spot, just in time to evade an attack by Ivan from behind. Appearing in a different spot, I eyed Ivan, finding his cowardly tactics amusing.

"Ho, attacking me from behind? I didn't realize the so-called honorable Prince Ivan of the Heavenly Empire was actually a coward; I suppose it's unsurprising; you're a human, after all." Remarked Elif with a justifiable nod while fanning himself as he glanced at the livid Ivan.

"It's your fault for turning around while in the middle of a battle; I merely took the opportunity that was presented to me, foolish Elf!" Stated Ivan angrily as he exited the golden dome, only to have a purple beam pierce right through his chest.

"I can't argue with that logic, Ivan; it is my fault for showing my back to the enemy, and it won't happen again. However, I will say you've got decent reflexes; if you hadn't shifted your body in time, that would've pierced your heart." Said Elif with an amused smirk while pointing his finger toward Ivan, who swiftly retreated back into the protective artifact.

Watching Ivan grab his bleeding chest in pain, I continued walking toward the angel, yet this time, I wasn't attacked from behind; stopping before Kolt, who had an ugly expression, I glanced at him before approaching the Angel.

"Ugh, Kalen; why are you just standing there!? Do something!?" Exclaimed Ivan angrily as he glanced between Elif and Kalen, though given his state, he didn't dare emerge from the golden dome.

"I know you can't do anything to me, Kalen, but how about suppressing your cultivation base to the same as mine? I wouldn't mind defeating both you and Ivan in combat." Remarked Elif with an arrogant smirk, one that angered both Kalen and Ivan.

I had hoped Kalen would heed my advice and suppress his cultivation base, but unfortunately, he didn't do anything other than glare at me, which was lamentable; then again, I have no doubt fighting against Kalen would've proved incredibly difficult. He has much more experience, is far more proficient in his techniques than me, and is far more knowledgeable in cultivation.