Chapter 116: Time to Gamble?

"So then, since only the three of us haven't been here before, what should we do first?" Asked Elif while the group casually walked through the bustling city.

"Whatever you wish, your Highness." Replied Idonea instinctively.

"Why are you always so serious around me, Idonea? It's no fun when you always act like that; come on, loosen up." Remarked Elif as he playfully pouted.

"I can not, your Highness; as your follower, I must always act per my status and position." Said Idonea seriously, though that demeanor didn't last for long.

"If you don't loosen up, I'll do what I did earlier in the carriage again. Whether we're in a private or public setting, it makes no difference to me." Said Elif brazenly with a smirk, though his words sparked curiosity in Eyvor.

"What is he talking about?" Asked Eyvor quietly while walking beside Marley.

"Um, I can't say; His Highness ordered me never to talk about it; if he finds out, I'll be severely punished. Though between you and me, it was something slightly vulgar." Whispered Marley with blushed cheeks, though when Elif looked in her direction, she quickly acted as if she was observing her surroundings.

'S-Something vulgar?' Thought Eyvor in confusion, though when she saw that both Idonea and Marley had noticeable blushes, she also gained a flush while her mind started imagining incredibly vulgar things.

"F-Fine, your Highness, the spirit rock gambling store sounds interesting." Said Idonea with blushed cheeks as she quickly selected a random store so Elif wouldn't remind her of that event.

"Well, you heard the lady, onward toward that gambling store; it better be more entertaining than the gambling leaf back home." Declared Elif as he ignored Marley and shifted his focus to the spirit rock gambling store.

Approaching the multi-floor building, when we entered the store, we were met with a large room filled with people and piles of different colored and various-sized rocks on the ground encased in a bubble-like dome.

"Ah, an Elf, a rare sight. Hello and welcome to the finest spirit rock gambling store in all of the Fairy Archipelago- Young Mistress Eyvor! My apologies for not greeting you sooner; I didn't see you there." Said a pleasant-looking attendant who quickly ignored Elif and bowed toward Eyvor when he caught sight of her.

"This is a first; to think someone actually ignored me." Commented Elif casually; however, he quickly turned around and eyed Illumia when he heard a snicker from behind, though he only saw the usual bland expression on her face.

"It's fine; however, I'm currently not the group leader, merely accompanying a friend." Remarked Eyvor as she pointed at Elif, currently glaring at the bland Illumia, though she sounded awkward when mentioning the word friend.

"I-I understand, young mistress Eyvor; however, if you don't mind waiting a few seconds, I'll summon the manager and have him attend to you." Replied the attendant, a little confused about why he sensed awkwardness when mentioning Elif, though he wasn't foolish enough to ask about that and just ignored it while quickly heading toward his boss's office.

"Hmm, where'd the attendant go?" Asked Elif after finally giving up on Illumia, though the moment he did so, he heard another snicker, to which his face twitched in annoyance.

"He went to go and inform the manager of our arrival; oh, it seems he's already returning." Said Eyvor, slightly smiling at the friendly banter between Elif and Illumia before noticing the attendant approaching their location with another person.

"Young Mistress Eyvor, it is an honor to have you step inside my humble store while also giving me the pleasure of personally attending to you. Tell me, what can I do for you?" Said the elegantly dressed manager respectfully with a bow.