Chapter 84: Truth Revealed!

"This place is quite small, but I guess for a mortal, it is suitable." Said Elif, standing beside the woman while looking at a multi-story apartment complex.

"This isn't my place; I only own a small room inside the building." Commented the woman while making her way toward the entrance of the building, only for her to get a snarky remark.

"Tch, what bad luck. Why couldn't someone more capable run through the portal than this useless woman?" Muttered Elif while following behind the women into the building.

"You may be drop-dead gorgeous, but your personality is complete trash!" Remarked the woman angrily as she walked up a set of stairs.

Ignoring the angry woman, we arrived at the fifth floor before we approached her supposed 'house'. Walking through the door, I'm met with a room so small it baffled me, and from what I could see, the kitchen and bedroom seemed to be all connected.

"You don't need to say anything; I already know you're just going to talk trash about my living conditions, and I know how bad my living condition is. It's not easy living alone. Haa, do what you want; I'm going to clean up." Said the woman, finally feeling a wave of exhaustion.

Watching the woman close the bathroom door behind her, I observed the room before approaching a small bookshelf beside the bed. Reaching down, I shifted through the mediocre amount of books before grabbing a book with a cover that stood out compared to the others.

'Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone?' Thought Elif as he opened the book and began reading a speed impossible to mortals.

After a little while, I had finished the book, and while it consisted of a bunch of weak cultivators, the premise was quite enjoyable, or at least good enough to retain my attention for half an hour.

"Haa, cleaning myself after everything that happened feels great." Said the woman as she exited the bathroom with a towel covering her body.

"Ohh, I see you've picked up Harry Potter, quite an amazing book; I'd recommend reading it. Also, this entire time, neither one of us knew the other's name; my name is Catherine or Cath for short." Added the women once she noticed Elif's presence by the bookshelf.

"I've already finished the book, and it was decent. Also, I see no point in telling you my name, especially since I'll be leaving soon, but if you wish to know, it's Prince Elif." Replied Elif as he peeked at Cath before rifling through the bookshelf after putting the book back.

"Y-You've already finished the book? Well, I guess it's not too surprising; you can fly and kill people without touching them. Also, did you say PRINCE Elif!?" Muttered Cath before focusing on Elif's title.

"Yes, I'm the Crown Prince of the Immortal Elven Empire, so address me as Prince Elif." Said Elif as he picked up the second book in the Harry Potter series and began reading it.

"O-Ok, Prince Elif. I'll be right back; I'm going to dry off and put some clothes on." Said Cath as she grabbed some clothes and headed back to the bathroom, still in shock that she had encountered a Prince, causing her to fantasize about certain shoujo manga, though that fantasy quickly collapsed when she remembered how Elif treats her.

'Yeah, that's never going to happen, besides this is real life; why would a prince ever be interested in some commoner.' Thought Cath with a sigh as she closed the door behind her and changed her clothes.

While reading the book, I heard Cath exit the bathroom and sit at a desk; shortly after, she began yelling and causing a commotion, forcing me to close the book in annoyance.

"Will you be quiet! I'm trying to read something." Said Elif, annoyed at her blatant disregard for his presence.

"Oops, sorry, you were so quiet I forgot about you, but a new chapter of Supreme Heavenly Emperor had just dropped after the author had been inactive for nearly six months! So how could I not be excited? You should come and read it with me; you might like it as it's about cultivators!"Said Cath apologetically and excitedly as she focused back on her computer.