Chapter 100: Another One Bites the Dust / Volume 4 End!

"Marcus, can I punish him now?" Asked Maria after a moment of silence, the apparent anger in her voice unsettling Elif.

"B-But didn't you say I wouldn't be punished if I gave you a valid reason?" Asked Elif nervously as he eyed Marcus, who merely smirked in response.

"I said I wouldn't punish you, not that your Mother still couldn't punish you. He's all yours, Maria." Replied Marcus with a smirk while watching Elifs expression shift to fright.

"Good, good! Elif, do you know how angry your actions have made me?" Asked Maria calmly, which only intensified Elif's fear as Maria was usually explosive.

"Um, I would Imagine quite angry?" Replied Elif quietly, not wishing to further enrage Maria.

"Yes. However, I'm not mad at you for defying your punishment and sneaking out of Yggdrasil; I've done that plenty of times when I was younger. What I'm furious about; is you sneaking out of Yggdrasil with no form of protection whatsoever!" Stated Maria, the anger and power in her voice intensified with every word that was said until just her voice caused the entire throne room to shake.

"B-But-"

"Do not talk back to me!" Said Maria angrily as she silenced Elif.

"You were going to say, 'I don't need any protection as long as I'm within the Empire. You both are always watching over me.' Yes, you're correct; as long as you're within the Empire, you'll never be harmed. However, it's the principle of the matter! Even with your identity as the Crown Prince, that person still attempted to kill you within the Empire! Tell me, Elif, what can you do against a Celestial cultivator!?" Said Maria; although furious, she was more concerned about teaching Elif than actually punishing him.

"Nothing, Mother." Replied Elif rather timidly.

"Exactly! Listen, Elif; you can make mistakes here; as I said before, within the Empire, you're safe. However, in the future, when you leave the Empire and step foot out into the deadly and dangerous world, you won't be given the luxury of making mistakes. One mistake could be your last." Stated Maria, her anger slowly getting replaced with concern while her voice softened considerably.

"Sorry, Mother. I admit I was quite hasty and somewhat reckless when I snuck out of Yggdrasil; it won't happen again."

"No need to be so concerned about the future, Maria; Elif is still a child right now; he still has some more years before he'll be allowed permission to explore the OverRealm. When that time comes, he'll be much wiser and more thoughtful of his actions; he'll also have protective artifacts." Said Marcus as Maria released a sigh before focusing back on the other issue.

"Anyway, you'll still be punished; however, I don't know what it'll be. So, for now, you can return to your room and finish whatever you started when you snuck out of Yggdrasil." Stated Maria as she waved her hand while rubbing her forehead in frustration and exhaustion.

Turning around, I signal Illumia and Sarah to follow me while I exit the throne room. With the two following me, I navigate through the castle halls before eventually arriving at my room; stepping inside, I let out a sigh of exhaustion as I flopped onto my cozy bed—something I don't even use anymore.

"Is Marley fine, your Highness!?" Asked Sarah worriedly the moment the door closed.

"Why don't you ask her yourself?" Responded Elif as he eyed the corner where Marley was masking her presence.

"Where is she?" Asked Sarah as she looked around the room, though with her low cultivation, she, of course, couldn't sense Marley.

"Stop concealing yourself; you'll have to confront her eventually, so stop being a coward and do it. While you two are having your little talk, I'm going to bathe; after everything that happened, I'd enjoy some downtime." Said Elif as he disappeared into the bath, leaving Illumia, Sarah, and Marley in the room.