Chapter 145: Marley's Confession

(Note: Here's a slightly longer chapter to make up for the previous chapter, which I didn't even realize was that short.👍🏾)

"Congratulations on the victory, your Highness!" Said Illumia, Idonea, and Marley simultaneously as they approached Elif.

"I appreciate it, but there isn't much to congratulate me on; I was never going to lose against them." Remarked Elif with a prideful smirk as he summoned his scabbard before sheathing Hokori and storing it in his dimension ring.

"So, what do you plan to do with them, your Highness? They appear to be in rough condition; sending them to the medical ward wouldn't be a bad idea." Said Idonea, glancing at the five injured and unconscious bodies sprawled across the island.

"It wouldn't be a terrible idea; however, it is already the middle of the night, and I don't really feel like leaving the island right now. Because of my little experiments, I'm exhausted, covered in sweat, and I'd like to bathe; besides, it's not like they're that injured; they should be fine spending the night here." Stated Elif, his words prompting Marley and Idonea to eye Elif's body glistening with sweat, causing the two of them to blush uncontrollably.

"We'll take care of them, your Highness, while you bathe." Said Illumia as she waved her hand while manipulating her Qi to carry the five unconscious bodies and bring them to her.

"Alright then, and while you are at it, can one of you repair the island? As you can notice, it's received a decent amount of concentrated damage." Said Elif with a nod as he pointed toward the area where he battled while walking toward his residence.

"I'll finish it before they awaken, your Highness." Said Idonea with a blushed face and a slight bow as she began working on the damage the island sustained.

"Y-Your Highness, since you'll be taking a bath, d-do you want me to accompany you? I can feed you lighting cherries and or massage you." Said Marley timidly with a deep blush while eyeing Elif's sweaty body, which accentuated his physique; her words caused Idonea to stop what she was doing and eye her dangerously.

Hearing Marley's words, I stopped walking, turned around, and looked at her while intensely pondering, as it was pretty tempting, though I was surprised that she knew how to massage.

"Hmm, you know how to massage, Marely?" Asked Elif curiously while still pondering her offer.

"Yes, I do, your Highness; roughly two years ago, I had implored Ms. Lynda to teach me to massage, which she eventually agreed to instruct me. Ever since then, whenever I'm given free time, I'll head to her office so she may teach me. Although I'm not nearly as good as a masseuse, compared to Ms. Lynda, I'm decently skilled at it, and I'd like to give you a massage as a show of my appreciation for you, not to mention you could use it after that battle." Replied Marley earnestly with a bow, though while she wasn't lying, that wasn't the only reason why she offered to massage Elif.

'Well, when she puts it like that, it would be a little impolite to deny her that opportunity; also, she is right; I could use a massage after the spar.' Thought Elif while feeling the slightly stiff muscles in his arms from using the incomplete technique twice.

"I'll take you up on that offer then, Marley; however, aid Idonea with repairing the Island before that." Said Elif with a slightly eager smile before he turned around and entered his residence.
___
___

Hearing that His Highness agreed to my offer, I nearly jumped in joy; however, I stayed calm and kept my composure, as His Highness was still present. Only when he entered his residence did I finally abandon my professional demeanor and display my true feelings.

"Hahaha! Yes, yes, yes, YES!" Exclaimed Marley happily while jumping, though her unfiltered joy didn't last long.

"What are you thinking, Marley!? Have you lost your mind!?" Questioned Idonea angrily as she slapped the back of Marley's head, breaking her out of her joy.