Chapter 99: Righteous Elif?

Back at the royal palace, shortly after Elif left searching for Marley, things had just started spiraling out of control.

___

___

"Hmm? Dear, my divine sense isn't picking up Elif." Said Marcus while sitting on the throne beside Maria, having just scanned every inch of the royal grounds and coming up empty-handed.

"Tch, that boy, he probably snuck into Yggdrasil." Mentioned Maria, feeling slightly annoyed as she scanned the entirety of Yggdrasil, only to find no traces of Elif, leaving the two somewhat perplexed.

"He couldn't have left Yggdrasil. Could he?" Muttered Marcus as he and Maria scanned the nearby region of Yggdrasil, only getting more confused when they found nothing.

"Alright, enough of this; I'm sure Illumia probably knows where he disappeared to. You there, bring Illumia here." Declared Maria, irritated they'd still found no traces of Elif.

"Yes, Empress Maria." Stated one of the royal guards that lined the sides of the throne room's walls with a deep bow before leaving the throne room.

A few moments later, the guard, Illumia, and Sarah arrived in the throne room.

"You requested my presence, your Majesty?" Asked Illumia with a slight bow while a highly nervous Sarah stood beside her and copied her actions.

"Do you know where Elif has disappeared to?" Questioned Maria, taking note of Sarah's trembling when she asked that question.

"I do not, your Majesty; His Highness had asked me to leave his room while he and Ms. Sarah talked privately." Answered Illumia, causing the already highly nervous Sarah to start trembling.

"It seems like you were the last one to be in contact with Elif before he disappeared, Sarah. Do you know where he could've gone?" Interrupted Marcus, knowing Maria's overbearing personality might backfire when speaking to the already frightened Sarah.

"Y-Yes, y-your M-Majesty." Answered Sarah while stuttering, and even though Elif had ordered her not to say anything, his commands didn't mean much before the Emperor and Empress.

"Well then, can you inform us where Elif is currently located and why he can hide from our senses?"

"H-His H-Highness has left Yggdrasil, and I-I don't know exactly where he is at. T-Though before he left, he summoned a high God-tier artifact from his dimension ring called V-Voids Cloak." Explained Sarah while stammering nearly all of her words.

*Crack*

"That boy, I'm going to have my way with him when he returns home!" Declared Maria angrily while her hand cracked the throne's armrest, causing Sarah to flinch.

"Wait, your Majesties. His Highness isn't the one to blame! It was my fault; I had asked for His Highness's assistance in protecting my sister, so please punish me instead!" Announced Sarah passionately while deeply bowing, surprisingly not stuttering a single time.

"I appreciate the honesty Sarah, but even so, that doesn't change the fact that he disobeyed his punishment and left Yggdrasil." Said Marcus calmly as he eyed the throne room doors opening.

"My oh my. It seems Elif's disappearance has caused quite a commotion." Commented Tiana with a smile as she and Tyler arrived near Maria and Marcus.

"Hahaha, stop trying to punish him, Maria; he's a young boy seeking thrill and adventure; of course, he's going to sneak out. You were the same back then; how many times would you sneak out of Yggdrasil in search of adventure?" Said Tyler with a hearty laugh while remembering Maria's youth.