Chapter 109: Mandy's Heavenly Tribulation!

While Mandy stood there motionlessly, staring at the forest below, the sky above was quickly getting covered by dark clouds, causing the area around us to noticeably darken and the forest below to look even more spectacular; however, we could appreciate the beauty of the forest later.

"Will Mandy be alright?" Asked Elif seriously, with slight concern, having sensed the vast amount of Qi radiating from the sky while standing just behind Illumia, who was currently protecting them.

"It is hard to say, your Highness. Mandy is a very capable cultivator; however, Heaven does not discriminate against cultivators." Stated Illumia blandly, as usual, though even she found it hard to hide the concern in her voice.

As we stood there watching Mandy absorb a ridiculous amount of Qi, time slowly passed, and after what felt like an excruciatingly long time, Mandy finally seemed to snap out of the trance she's been in, only for her to look up at the rumbling sky with a solemn expression.

It wasn't even a full second after Mandy exited her trance-like state that Heaven let out a loud rumble before sending out numerous lightning bolts toward her, each one carrying an unbelievable amount of power, yet Mandy was effortlessly destroying them; at least I believed so, Mandy was moving far faster than what I could perceive.

Several minutes passed by with us watching Mandy destroying lighting bolts before the attacks slowly died down, allowing me to finally view Mandy's condition.

'She's fine; that's good.' Thought Elif while releasing a sigh of relief, everyone else having similar thoughts as well.

"Mandy! Here, take this as a precaution." Exclaimed Elif as he summoned a different artifact from his dimension ring before tossing it to Mandy.

"I'm deeply honored for you showing such concern, your Highness. However, I can't accept this; If I can't even survive a Heavenly Tribulation on my own, then I have no right to be your personal guard." Declared Mandy with a slight smile and a bow as she caught the artifact and returned it to Elif, much to his surprise, though he merely let out a slight chuckle.

"So be it then; however, you must not die to the Heavenly Tribulation, you've been my guard for several years, and I'd be quite annoyed if you were to just die." Said Elif seriously as he caught the artifact and stored it in his dimension ring while eyeing Mandy.

"I understand, your Highness." Replied Mandy with a smile before shifting her attention to the dark sky above with a solemn expression.

Shortly after our little interaction, the dark clouds above had just finished forming the first lightning tribulation, which Mandy effortlessly destroyed with a swing of her large sword; the second and third lightning tribulation was no different from the first, except Mandy was just forced to use slightly more power than before. Also, Mandy did something I never thought of while Heaven was forming the next

lightning tribulation, Mandy would use that short period of peace to quickly refill her lost Qi, and while I'm sure she wasn't able to completely fill her Qi reserves, her actions could easily change the outcome of the Heavenly Tribulation.

'I'm feeling quite foolish for never thinking of something so simple.' Thought Elif as he watched Mandy cover her large sword in an aura similar to sword aura before destroying the fourth lightning tribulation with relative ease.

"That, was that Sword Will?" Asked Elif curiously as he felt how vastly superior the power, density, and purity were compared to his sword aura.

"No, that was Sword Heart, your Highness, one level above Sword Will." Said Illumia calmly as she watched Mandy cleave the fifth tribulation lighting in half before quickly pulling out a spirit stone and absorbing its contents.